Sun Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Dogs

Click image for larger version  Name:	243C307A-FC6D-4DF3-8042-4F2B93252459.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	346847 Click image for larger version  Name:	E4F3E0A2-65F6-4DC6-BABF-106A7BFF84BF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	346846 Several neighbors were posting these pictures onFB this morning. These always pop up on cold mornings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F656E99A-B766-44C3-B24E-8A10AC09C74E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	346845
    Last edited by SDhunter; 01-29-2019, 01:24 PM.
    South Dakota

That is cool, have never seen anything like that around here. How cold was cold?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      It was -20 this morning. It’s-30 tonight and still dropping. I’m not sure what the wind chill is. It’s blowing pretty good out of the north. I’ve been up on the roofs thawing out peoples sewer vents. They’re freezing over

HOW FREAKIN" COLD IS THAT? I would freeze to death! Very beautiful pictures though. I have seen a few, and I have a pic somewhere. But dang! Cold!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      -30 right now Ethan and still dropping.

Here’s what the sewer vents are doing. Click image for larger version

Name:	735BDC4C-7D2F-4A6F-AD9B-4315BB5E0AAE.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	347036
    South Dakota

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      That's unreal Gary. .. they say this yr is coldest in generations...in Midwest. We are getting ready for 1 degrees tonite for couple days. Stay safe man

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that not dangerous ?

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      JJ, yes, it’s dangerous. You have too pour warm water on them, or you could get sick or possibly worse.

You should try flying South for the winter. -30 is just too much. AND DON'T SAY YOU ARE USED TO IT! THAT'S COLD!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, I would be lying if I said I was used to this cold. We don’t get this very often. It’s going to break records.

You make me feel bad for complaining about the cold here in South Carolina. How does livestock survive that kind of weather? Beautiful pictures, btw!
    South Carolina

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m wondering that too Josie. Also wild animals...

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Josie, it’s hard on them, that’s for sure, but if they have plenty of feed and protection from the wind, they get through it. The deer all get bunched up this time of year, and they find protected areas, and there is usually someone’s hay pile close by. I’m sure they are miserable.

Those are Great Gary!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
    X