NC Catfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Catfish

I don’t have pics or a link to this story .. A fisherman in NC at lake Tillery hooked a 100 lb catfish and released it. That is not the point . I have argued in length with many , many people at how large a catfish could get...I personally have seen one on a scale that weighed 125 lbs...The story is on Fox News....JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

The current Buggs Island 143 pound fish was certified as a record catfish and broke the existing world record by an impressive thirteen pounds and also certifies as the new Virginia state record blue catfish.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Virginia-World-Record-Catfish-1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	348727
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• rock ON.
      rock ON. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!!! I can tell which guy caught that one by the smile on his face. I'm always tickled pink when I catch one over 10lbs that thing is 14x bigger!!!

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      By golly now that is a fish ! My dad use to make me run 4 - 100 hook trot lines with him at lake Stanford in Tx. That is why I don’t fish anymore.. We had many hooks bent straight,so we don’t know what had hit the chad. He did catch a 45 pound Yellow catfish and it was his highlight ! It was a ugly fish but the meat inside was beautiful white, and it made great steaks !

Incredible fish but I do not understand that it wasn't documented, weighed and let go. I wouldn't eat one that big. That would break all the poles I have except for Tarpon and Grouper rod.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I do not understand it either Tom, the guy caught a outstanding catfish...

I grew up on a lake in SC. My dad had a gentleman that worked for him that was a dive master. In this lake, at the dam, was a sunken B52 bomber. The diver was part of a dive team researching the bomber. He told my dad there were catfish the size of men in the bottom of the lake at the dam. He said they had to be careful because at times the catfish seemed aggressive. The bomber was brought to the surface and moved in the 90s , I think .It was an amazing site .
    South Carolina

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard of divers being scared like that !

My Granpa and a couple friends caught one on a trot line that weighed 128 pounds (using some sort of co-op scale) in the early sixties on the Tennessee River at Clifton. I used to have a pic of him and Mr. Tom standing next to it, it hanging from a swing set in the back yard. It was as long as he was tall, and he was a hair under 6 feet. It was a blue cat, and not particularly fat like they usually are.

140+ pounds is a monster. I’ve caught 40+ pounders on rod and reel in the Mississippi, and many times had my 130 pound braided Kevlar line stripped from my giant salt water reel(600 plus yards) without ever seeing what took my bait. That is a thrill like few others.
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

All I have to add, is that I like eating them! Red lobster serves them once In awhile
      South Dakota

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        That’s where I do my fishing,Red Lobster !
    Working...
    X