FISHING: bait holders made of netting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FISHING: bait holders made of netting

Something I've been using for many years. I used pantyhose and cheesecloth for catfish, eels, etc back in the Day but now I've found tubular stretch netting already made into little tubes or I still use dollar store wig caps/hair nets/cheesecloth/pantyhose LOLOL and make them in a jiffy. I inject them with liver, crabs, oysters, usually oysters and crushed fiddler crabs for sheepshead. Much less bait stealing or fails. Some species like Sheephead are notorious lord if you don't have the KNACK and bait that stays on it is very hard to hook the beasts. I saw an advertisement recently that companies are making these hahahah I never saw that.
    Last edited by tomclark; 02-20-2019, 01:46 PM.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

No idea what your talking about Tom. If it’s fishing , you catch and I’ll cook !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve acquired a new hobby in the last ten years with my Trager pellet grill.. I’m a great cook and my wife loves it ! Get some fish and I’ll cook it any way you desire !

I am moving in lol

Comment

Nice I just got down the river. With windchill it's like 22 degrees. But sunshine
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Hey Tom, We make span bags like that when the Steelhead run the rivers.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• tomclark
          tomclark commented
          Editing a comment
          I was looking for spawn bags or material for it, that's perfect too! These little "bags" are generally only 1-2" for most of the fish we catch for food here.

Tom Sheepshead Yum Yum Yum! My favorite bait is cut up sea urchin. I do scrape the barnacles off the posts to chum them up. Yea I used to use pantyhose as a bait holder for catfish but nowadays I like a live small Bream which you have to catch on hook and line to leagaly use as bait.
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• tomclark
          tomclark commented
          Editing a comment
          wOW, never tried sea urchin. I'll have to try is soon! Thx,

• Sugaree
          Sugaree commented
          Editing a comment
          Just google sheephead and sea urchin they can't resist!

Tom ... sea urchins here are so sweet we eat them off the rocks with a cold beer in the summer . Sushi bars delight so as bait I say yes .

Comment

If I’m understanding correctly is it a Chum bag your talking about making? I usually use an old sock filled with oily catfood tied off to a rope that I chuck out to draw in the bullhead and catfish, but only when I’m using a pole. My favorite way to catch bullhead at night is I save up soda bottles and tie off about 5 ft of line to the neck of the bottle then put a weight on the end of the line,then I run a foot long piece of line off of it about a foot or so up from the end.( my bait is a secret,lol) then I put a glow stick inside each bottle and paddle out on the water an Chuck em out randomly, then sit back and wait till the bottle starts dancing and running, then I paddle after it and catch it pull em up. It’s a ton of fun!
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Btw, the catfish and bullhead we have up here are no where near as big as them monsters the live down south!
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
            X