Cooking for Tam !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking for Tam !

You can move in and I’ll cook but you have to eat what the cook makes ! And just like in the military , the cook don’t wash dishes !!! Tonight’s dish , Dr. Pepper baby back ribs...... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Ohhhh. that looks soooo good you really use dr.pepper sodee water?
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Oh I love it and I can wear a pair of gloves a good as anyone 💪scrubbing those dishes . Good news is with a barbacue ha ha there are not to many pots and pans .. you should post the recipe .. Deb and I did some last year and everyone liked it .
    I did do a recipe in a crockpot with cola .
    Yum Yum

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not just a meat and tater guy. I also fixed a large salad ! Now to be correct the salad must have everything except onions . We need tomatoes , cucumber, some radish slices, etc. And for the best part ( This is a aquired taste) blue cheese dressing !!!

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Onions are important ! Take a whole onion (Large ) using a knife perforate it on the sides . Place the onion on foil , add real Land o lake butter . Sprinkle garlic salt on. And fold it all up like a giant Hersey kiss. Bake. It will taste like it were cooked with a roast ! Sorry to bother you but I’m big into cooking !!! And eating fine foods...

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah for added flavor on the onion , add a little pace picante sauce . 350 about a hour. Sorry to get carried away..

Easiest pork ribs ever ! Heat up grill or oven to 420. Put the ribs in meat side down. Pour in 2 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper. Boil meat side down 1 hour , flip em over bone side down 1 hour. Meat side back down for 1 hour. Turn heat down to 200 , meat side back up .On a grill that would be smoking temp 1 more hour. The Dr. Pepper makes it’s own BBQ sauce. The bones fall out.
    I had to log out to get my fair share.. The eating sounds are awful with all the animalistic moans and groans..Just takes 4 hours total. The Dr. Pepper keeps pork moist ! JJ
    Last edited by Lindenmeier-Man; 02-21-2019, 09:36 PM.
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Sounds wonderful . I’ll do it in the woods as a welder made me almost the same style you have but no temp I’ll have to get that .
      I bake ribs for 3 1/2 hours to 4 at 325 deg so I’ll make that this week and let you know .
      thanks for the sound dicription it was the deal maker 😃

Comment

I've made a similar recipe with Mr Pibb, and it does come out quite tasty. I gave the recipe to a friend, who only drank diet soda. Those yummy sugars can't caramelize if they aren't there, and artificial sweetners aren't the same...
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          Oh no, can’t use the diet soda. Need the sugar !

MEAT!

I love BBQ'ed meat! That just looks so good. I may have to hitchhike for some of that Texas Barbecue.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          I love it too ! This is not Tx BBQ , it’s anywhere BBQ ....

More ribs brother man...I need a rack as long as my arm please!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          It is electric that has a igniter to light the wood pellets . The chip controls heat by rotating the auger that feeds the fire box. Also the chip controls the blower fan to support the flames and temperature . There are many brands now like Green Mtn. They all use Trager parts. There are all kinds of different wood pellets, mesquite , cherry , apple wood etc etc. All of them are fabulous at smoking !

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Man I gotta look into traeger. I need a grill and that sounds good ...does it make burgers same way? Where do they sell the pellets

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          Cook anything, everyone sells the pellets. Costco, Sams, Walmart , etc. Green Mtn is less expensive, same parts...

That does it get the room ready

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          I can’t help it Tam ! I’ve been a trager grill master for ten years now. It’s just to easy to fill with selected wood pellets and click a switch to fire up the grill. Then click the grill off and it shuts down and cools itself off..I’m sorry to go on about it but it’s really enjoyable !

Thanks for the recipe, but how come only Tam is invited?
        South Dakota

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Editing a comment
          Everyone is invited !

• SDhunter
          SDhunter commented
          Editing a comment
          🙂👍

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d fly by but I’m allergic to pork ☹️ I use to eat some though but not now. That’s nice to invite everyone
      Working...
      X