Bass and Kitties at 'Lake C'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass and Kitties at 'Lake C'

I have been fishing the private community lake again, it's been steadily improving since the first of March. this past Monday I was fishing it with my good friend Jamie, who lives near the lake and he's got the pass and fishing permit to get on the lake. due to the colder then normal winter we just had, the Bass are spawning later then normal. so they are spawning now, as opposed to the normal early March spawning. I fished Black Wooly Buggers and the always effective Black Bunny Leech and landed over 10 Bass in the 1 to 3 lb. range. Jamie got as many i am certain.

We also got ourselves into the Kitties. The CHANNEL CATFISH have come in shallow and a careful approach will allow you to present your fly to them. Jamie stuck the first of the day, fishing his new favorite kitty fly the 'Cat Whacker Bugger'... I got my first of the season 5 minutes later on the trusty Black Bunny Leech.. I just love the fight a good sized Catfish gives you on the fly.. (Jamie stated that last Friday (3/20) he had spotted a Channel Cat that would go well over 3 ft in length and possible hit 30 lbs I want a shot at that monster!!)

we had a Great day fishing together and again the 'Lake C' produced well for us....
    \"..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride..\" ~~ Hunter S. Thompson

Hey... Nice catch...our fishing season opens herrhin Connecticut . April 13th...the bass dont spawn till mid may...bass fishing is awesome...never did a fly rod
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Those are beauties! Bass doesn't open here until late June, but soon as this dam ice melts in a week or 2 the crappies should start biting!

Comment

That is a lot of fun on a fly rod!
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Always wanted to try a fly rod . Looks like some good fun and good eaten .I saw the craziest fishing at the beach last week . It was windy so this guy had a ballon with his line on it . I looked how far that ballon took the bait out from shore . We would have to do that with a surfboard or a slide but not even half as far .
          pretty interesting . Enough so I went up and talked to him about it . Apparently this is nothing new I just never saw it . Neat way to increase from a cast from shore .

Comment

• rock ON.
            rock ON. commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great I'll have to google that method as I'm interested to see how that would be rigged.

• Flyjunkie
            Flyjunkie commented
            Editing a comment
            it was good fun indeed.. however, the Lake is a 'Catch & release' lake so we didn't keep any. I would have still let them go if the regs were different , as the lake is surrounded by Big houses and i am sure that some of the stuff they use in their flower gardens runs into the lake. Besides if I let the fish go.... I can go catch them again the following week...
        Working...
        X