Blowfish for dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowfish for dinner

Caught some nice big blowfish the other day. Fried with some coconut panko coating. They came out awesome. If it ever stops raining I'll be going back for more.

New York

I’ve had blowfish/pufferfish in Japan, but it’s so insanely poisonous that chefs have to be trained to do it.

I assume it’s not deadly here?
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Kaz
      Kaz commented
      Editing a comment
      No these are safe to eat.

I absolutely love northern puffer reminds me of chicken nuggets. We call them blow toads here in NC.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Chicken of the Sea lolol!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Oh man , I was thinking so poisonous to . Didn’t know we had eatable ones .

Comment

We call the ones we catch near Tampa Bay "Toadies", they are Checkered Pufferfish.. They do have poison in their livers, kinda near their head not in the main ball of guts. When cleaning just don't get any green crap going. Don't get into the guts. If you see any green throw it out lol. It was the same in NJ but a different smaller species of puffer.
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

I like this topic ! I’m big into cooking / eating ! If there were a new topic added to this site, I’d think nourishment would be a good one ! After all, most artifacts that we find were used in harvesting or prep of said part of life ....
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	367069 Hmmm....New category?? lol It's LUNCHTIME! Pink Oyster 'Shrooms. When you cook them crispy they taste like bacon a lot.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                Love it Boom

Sorry guys. Those don’t look like fish to me! 🙂
              South Dakota

Comment

Have you ever seen one of these crazy looking fish called sea robins? They have wings, an armored head with spikes and little legs they walk around on. Oh yea and they croak like a frog.
                New York

Comment

• tomclark
                  tomclark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I caught zillions of them years ago when fishing for fluke and blowfish. Have never tried eating them! lol But I just checked and they are indeed edible. Let us know!?

• Kaz
                  Kaz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Tom I've heard they are pretty good eating. Most people I know that talk about how good they are, are the fisherman that have trouble catching keeper fluke. Fluke are one of my favorite eating fish. I'm not trying to insult anyone that likes eating sea robins. I wish more people would eat them, they can be a nuisance.

I have seen flying fish pretty cool . There is a Mu fish that has teeth like the parrot fish . ( big smile ) After a day fishing and several beers he looked real good with sun glasses on and a necklace . Good eating . Have to look for that pic

Comment

Working...
                X