Dad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She conceived three seasons in a row and was an excellent mother,

She bonded to us but remained thoroughly wild in all other respects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2507.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	372813 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	372814
    California

Comment

Tam, Tomf, everyone else- Love the photos and stories. And I would look the other way if I knew you were treating a wild animal without a license. That is just stupid on their part. A little tender loving care goes a alot further than a bullet. If it worked that way with people, I would have been shot and put out of my misery along time ago!!!!
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Me to Paul

This is way to adorable . I just love the painters tape .. brilliant I’ll have to remember that . It comes of so easy .

Comment

• tomf
        tomf commented
        Editing a comment
        Tam, I hope you don't think I hijacked your post.

Your night pics are fascinating. So much happens in the dark that we seldom get a chance to see.

Please keep sharing them.

They triggered memories and I have these pics I knew you would appreciate.

As for the splinting, it's two stiff cardboard forms cut to shape and bound together with paint tape which we found didn't tug on her fur.

The problem with fawns in this condition is shock.

They will literally die from fear.

You have to be so gentle and delicate when handling them.

It took 4 hours to splint the leg.

Regardless, in the end, it was the animals will to live that made the difference.

Are your deer tame enough to approach or truly wild?

Interesting and well done . As far as highjacking I love the chime ins . Everyone learns and gets a big story out of it . Keep it up on any . I was thinking of telling you to team up on my outdoor deer posts .
      more the merry errrrrrr

Comment

Love it , Tom.

the survivability of the species is unreal. The will to live is beyond anything I can comprehend. I have a buck I’ve seen and fed for several years here that has his right front leg missing at the shoulder. Not even much of a nub. I guess it was a wire fence or mower or maybe a car? Anyway, he gets around like nobody’s business on three legs, and his deformed, small rack has kept him safe from anyone hunting a trophy.
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          They seem like elephants to me in their family loyalty .

Now that’s crazy Jethro !! I love the story about the mama coming back to visit the one you guys raised . I have never thought or heard about the orange collar . We actually are a hunt destination county so it’s amazing this buck has hid out in our small place . 40 acres is nothing these timber lots are 1500 acres starting . I have looked up archives and need to go down to the city records . Nothing online or old folks word of mouth . We figure way back the person got it gifted to him for working a timber area . I look up all the old historical homes and there are plaques and stories that show the creek Indians burnt down everything since the early 1800’s .
        That's another story maybe ill have Ethan help with a post but it makes me understand more about the area .

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love it.❤️

My wife is a licensed wildlife rehabber....we had 36 deer one year....they are awesome animals and probably my favorite....it was a great learning experience for my kids
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Ok that’s an entire thread you should start love love love it . I know Tom will . That is just way to cool and what an experience for the kids .

Comment

Working...
          X