When Wayne gasped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Wayne gasped

I knew Monster Buck showed back up with his pack when Wayne gasped out loud . He actually starting laughing

Hey Wayne & Tamara, I hope you see that big guy this fall.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Looks like he is going to be a 10 pointer again . Was hoping for a 12. I keep saying how are you ever going to hunt him !
      He only comes out at 2-3 am and almost disappears after the rut ... he knows .
      But I faithfully put up a 20 ft stand in the rain mind you with Wayne around his stomping grounds .

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here Tam. They only come out during the middle of the night according to my husband's cameras

He's fantastic.

Please don't shoot him.
      California

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        I know Tom I am with you . Bummer is we are in a destination hunting area . People shoot spikes , small does it’s bad .

• tomf
        tomf commented
        Editing a comment
        I should say I don't hunt.

I'm a vegetarian and couldn't justify (or stomach) taking a life for sport.

I recognize the morality of hunting is complex and my choice is personal.

I live in the country with country people who hunt and respect nature and I don't judge them.

Each person has to make this decision for themselves.

What I will say is, when I see an animal as beautiful and impressive as that I can't imagine wanting to take it's life.

Give me a veggie burger and a camera and I'm ok.

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe you me, I can't stand poachers. Worthless wastes if you ask me. I am a hunter, and I am patient. I don't shoot the first thing I see just because I want to shoot something. I haven't taken an animal for that reason for almost two years now. My family lives off of the meat that we harvest each fall. (very good actually).One would understand hunting if they had to live off of the meat from one to two deer per year with a family of four.

I am all for shooting with camera's too! Some days I wish I had my camera instead. I believe that nature should be appreciated, not taken extreme advantage of. I can't stand them trigger happy guys that shoot the first thing that moves. The animals don't deserve that. It's kinda like the Native American way. Respect the animal you kill, and thank God for providing it.

Now what does a veggie burger taste like?

That's a beauty! Just look at the size of him! He ain't done growing yet. It's only June.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        I know look at the post from a couple of weeks ago .

Kentucky , this is exactly 30 days ago . So I’ll post another in 30 days 😊

Comment

Don’t know if the camera made a sound but he was looking right at it, he spooked ! Knew something was up.....
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Make sure and use infrared cameras . If they are flash cams they can educate those big boys like that! And make things harder for you all come hunting time!!
          Johnson county Missouri

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes infa teach me like a flash does what . Just want to learn

• NOTCHEDNate
            NOTCHEDNate commented
            Editing a comment
            Well basically with the regular flash.. that spectrum of light the deer can see so to them it’s also a bright flash .. and can startle some deer but mainly from my experience the only deer that are really affected by it are the big smart bucks. And old smart does.
            Whereas the infrared cams when they take a pic all that is emitted is a small red dot . And from what I’ve read deer don’t see the red light spectrum so essentially it’s invisible to them. They still all make a noise when taking pics but it’s really the light they see that spooks them . So if you use infrared cams the red light doesn’t even show to them as anything.
            However predators see the red light spectrum and it really pisses off bears!! I’ve seen videos of guys IR cams getting destroyed because the bear sees the red light and goes in attack mode!

That’s a big boy tho hope you or the husband get him!!
          Johnson county Missouri

Comment

Yeah they make a sound I can’t hear but they can . It’s really just to watch the area and they show up . The feeder was taken off a lease that was sold so we keep it going .

Comment

You know that makes sense now . I had one way in the back we called Tams kitchen . I am silly but wanted to see what going on not only at the creek and other areas but this interesting area I kept finding dinner leftovers ( feathers )
              so with I kept catching that monster bob cat . Since I have one in the front now and back there he is gone .
              great information .

Comment

Here's what a flash can do.

Or maybe he's a buck from outer space. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_003952.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	375434

California

Comment

Working...
                X