Hawaiian Monk seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Monk seal

A few months ago a neighbor and I saw a mated pair playing in a cove together . We live in a private area they feel safe and will come up and sun themselves .
    Well nature took its course and a baby was born . I have the first 2 photos of the pup following and playing with mom . Last one is her giving birth to her pup . It’s very blurred so not to be offensive . But I have the video if anyone wants it pm me .
    The little pup is so playful with her mom always jumping on her back in the water and swimming under her .
    Nature is entertaining if you just take the time

That is absolutely awesome!
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Lucky you.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Always something amazing to see in nature, grate photos
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Love those seals! Thanks, Tam.
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Really cool Tam...nice pics
            SW Connecticut

Comment

That's a pup huh...big pup I'll say...good shots...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Living the dream !
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well it’s hot as all get out so you would like it .

• Lindenmeier-Man
                  Lindenmeier-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  101 F here today... I stayed home and shelled black eyed peas & snaps...

• Lindenmeier-Man
                  Lindenmeier-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ask me how hot it really was, I’ll tell you about some critters I observed!

Very cool, Tam. Here in Narragansett Bay, we enjoy seal watching in the winter months. The seals here are protected, of course. There are so many seals enjoying the beaches of Cape Cod at the moment, that the number of Great White sharks in those waters is getting insane! I won't be surprised if there will soon be not a soul willing to stick so much as a pinky toe in the waters of the Cape....

Edit: I love the seals, but must admit even Great Whites deserve a meal. Just not me, lolol...

A man died last year after being attacked by a shark off the coast of Cape Cod. It was the first fatality from a shark attack in Massachusetts since 1936.
                Last edited by CMD; 08-02-2019, 09:29 AM.
                Rhode Island

Comment

That's amazing! I don't see things like that in Kentucky often.
                  "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Charlie we see fins out here to and stay out but 150 . Actually I grew up in Cal and the seals there are almost aggressive . We would be on a surfboard and they bark at you like a dog . They have been known to jump in a boat and not from a predator .
                    They use to block a pier no fishing . Little rascals but not little .
                    These monk seals are so different , shy and passive .

Comment

Ok LMan how hot was it . Tell your story
                      Do you live in the desert . I was in Palm Springs Cal when it was 125deg one day . And I walked across the black top at a parking lot .
                      Use to go to the Colorado River off the desert and camp in 115 deg weather . I liked the heat when I was young . And I think after a cold long winter it feels good . It’s hot all the time here .

Comment

Nice to see animals from other places. Did you try to pet it? In Florida the manatees were easy to swim with
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Tam
                          Tam commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good question SH like the turtles it’s against the law . They have the area roped off .

Hey Tam, always enjoy your critter posts whether it’s the Island or stateside. Enjoy the beach because 2 weeks ago my pool temp topped out at 94! Ugh!!!
                        Deb
                        Child of the tides

Comment

Ahhh my child of tides sister I miss your visits .
                          I have thought of you many times . Have some big waves coming up from a left over Flossie hurricane now tropical depression .. maybe there will be some sea glass . So happy to see you back 😛

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                            SurfaceHunter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Do you ever look for sharks teeth Tam?
                        Working...
                        X