Archery bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery bull

Well the 2019 archery season just got started here in Montana. I went up to my favorite spot last night and called in this little bull. I dont pass on anything with horns, its all about fillin the freezer. Spent all day getting him out today. Got several other hunters that I'll be callin for so it was good to get mine out of the way.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Nice Bull man you look like a happy camper in that picture.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Cskelton
      Cskelton commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, very happy.. hunting with a gun is checkers.. bow is chess....

Wow! That should fill your freezer. How do y’all like to cook it?
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Cskelton
      Cskelton commented
      Editing a comment
      We make burger and steaks out of them. My kids absolutely love elk steak. Cooked on the grill. Only way to ruin it is to overcook it.

Congrats Bro! Nice Bull🇺🇸

Comment

That is some right good eating Chad.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Chad, Congrats on your harvest Man. Many good meals in that critter.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Yummy!

If regular ol’ whitetail deer tasted as good as elk, there wouldn’t be an overpopulation problem of them in many states.
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Nice one Chad.
            South Carolina

Comment

Nice job! One of my favorite sounds on earth, aside from a child laughing, is an elk bugling. Is it cold up high yet??
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
                Nice job! One of my favorite sounds on earth, aside from a child laughing, is an elk bugling. Is it cold up high yet??
                We've had rain the last few days. 41 here. Was in the 30s up on top.
                Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Originally posted by clovisoid View Post
                  Yummy!

If regular ol’ whitetail deer tasted as good as elk, there wouldn’t be an overpopulation problem of them in many states.
                  Yep.. deer doesnt hold a candle to elk meat.
                  Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• sailorjoe
                    sailorjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Chad. Congratulations on getting your elk and with a bow at that! As for eating. Elk is good but I prefer moose over the two. Your comment about deer indicates you must be talking about mule and whitetail deer and never ate Kodiak blacktail venison. People who have eaten Kodiak blacktail as well as the other species say it is the best and sweetest tasting venison. Having eaten all of the above, I agree. I don't know why it would be better than other Sitka blacktail from southeast Alaska or coastal British Columbia. It was never native to Kodiak Island but was transplanted there from Southeast Alaska many years ago and they did well and established large herds.

Nice ..congrats man
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

I use to hunt, mule and whitetail. Now, I’m worried about this prion causing CWD. The species ( Deer ) are the only known animals immune to rabies. The vaccines are made from deer blood. Now, a two million year old species is threatened by a prion, a smaller that virus piece of genetic code. Anyway, enough of my rant. Great buck !
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Oh Chad I missed this ! What a great hunt . Wayne just got a bow this year and I can’t wait to go back to the West .
                      Just excellent. Those antler/ horns would make a great Europe’s mount over my entrance or
                      beautiful knives
                      and yes freezer is full of organic meat 👍

Comment

I would have taken him too!
                        east Tx.

Comment

Working...
                        X