Bald Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald Eagle

Came across this bald eagle on Sunday feasting on a dead armadillo......i watched him for abt 3 minutes before he flew off into the trees Click image for larger version

Name:	20191104_180557.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	401450 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191104_180631.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	401451
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Those are really neat to see. In our area I have only seen only about four in my life.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Yeah....thats probably the closest ive ever been to one....i believe ive seen them before flying around out on lake....but this was really cool to he so close....he seemed not to care that i had stopped to watch...but didn't take long for him to leave.....im sure once i left...he flew back to finish his meal
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Beautiful bird. I live on the water & a pair often hang out in the treetops along my shoreline waiting for the resident ospreys to snag a fish. Then they swoop down & steal it.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Such a beautiful bird. Every time I see one, my camera is nowhere to be found, lol! So congratulations on seeing it, AND getting a photo.

P.S. There are Armadillos in Tennessee?
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Benji
            Benji commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah....big ones too....ive never seen them alive though....always dead on side of interstate....ive seen some big ones too

Taste like pheasant !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha! Are we talking the eagle or the armadillo?

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Hawks too, just stand under a giant wind generator and wait ....Armadillo give ya warts , from leprosy....

The Mrs. and I saw our first two in RI just last week. The two of them flew directly over our car. Watching them instead of the road, I came close to driving into a cement wall, lol. I have friends who have taken the best photos imaginable, but we had never even spotted them before. Very pleased to get that off the bucket list.....
          Rhode Island

Comment

Have seen two juveniles and an adult this year. First siting for me around here in over 12 years. Good to see they are making a comeback.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Those guys raid the Heron nursery at the bottom of our field every spring.

It's one of the rawest demonstrations of natural process you'll ever witness.

The shrieks of the parents, so ill equipped to defend their nests, is bone-chilling and it's hard to watch these apex predators harry and tease before simply taking what they want.

Of coarse, the Bald Eagles have nests and hungry chicks too.

Nice pics, Benji.
              California

Comment

• Benji
                Benji commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks tomf
            Working...
            X