Dr. Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Destruction

Yesterday my son and I ventured into NM to ride, and I had permission to hunt a private ranch below the Sandhills which is a dune riding park. Last time we went out, my full throttle son blew the water pump on the Banshee so I didn’t get to look because as he breaks down we have to share ride the SxS. We had completely rebuilt the Yamaha and I felt confident that it might hold up under him for a few hours.....Wrong ! After about 45 minutes into riding I stopped to tell Auty that I was going down toward the ranch to ride, walk and hunt for artifacts...He went to start his machine and the kick start pedal was broken off, in half...I’ve seen a few things but that was a first....So we got the tow strap and I pulled him and we got his machine started...I told him to just go ahead and drive it to camp and up on the trailer . That was ok but some young men ( Riders w machines)had just gotten to the park and so started the destruction discussion. A hour later, maybe longer we got in the SxS as my plans were blown and I’d have him drop me off from place to place to walk awhile. The last pic in the group was where I thought I’d look as it was full of flint burnt rock broken metates etc. I snapped the pic just before Auty drifted right through the area.
    ( Drifting is a power slide at a 45 degree angle or so) Don’t get me wrong, I love my son ! He is the most destructive person I’ve ever known. On the way back I asked him if there is a Ph.d program anywhere in the country in demolition..I think he’d be a top doc...Dr. Destruction just laughed...
    Lubbock County Tx

Heh, that is my nickname some days. Great area, killer artifact grounds too.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Glad to see you were in a designated park. Sadly the same distructive acts are prevalent on our public lands with those machines...
      Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 11-11-2019, 11:01 AM.
      San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Follow up photos. The broken kick start and my old 1988 that Doc has just about finished rebuilding....The 88 wont break, he won’t ride it...
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Boys, and their toys, lol. Just kidding. At least you spent some time together.
          South Carolina

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I know it Jo, I’d just like to be able to hunt artifacts of which on a line scale, his interest is a negative -25.

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            It’s like , “ Hey dad, did you see any arrowheads in that aerial sand behind me ?”

Lol. I think our kids are, just that, our kids. Doesn't matter how old they are, we still do what makes them happy. Hope you get to go back and hunt the site!

South Carolina

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            Your right of course.....!

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            He just tells me about what counts for him. He is into GMO food and cotton produce to feed and give clothing to the billions of people in the future on limited soil with limited water etc. I’ll tell him well I think it’s working. He will ask how so. I tell him whenever I drive by the junior high and see 14 years olds at 6’ 2” and 220 lbs with size 13 feet that need a shave, I think the GMO products work. That’s just the girls of course, I won’t get into the young boys that look like they walk on their knuckles...
            Last edited by Lindenmeier-Man; 11-11-2019, 11:56 PM. Reason: Sp

On another note: The doc on the way back was telling me of a cactus gene they are about to incorporate into plants. It’s over my pay grade but somehow the gene will allow plants to close their pours in the heat as a H2O conservation feature...
          Interesting of course as long as they don’t create Frankenstein . He says it’s in a control lab etc, etc.etc.. I just say yeah , yeah, yeah, which really gets under his skin....
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Good to spend quality time with the boys . Good for you brother man
            SW Connecticut

Comment

I swear my son could break a bowling ball when he was young.
              SE IA

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                Editing a comment
                That’s ok too o2. I’d loan your son a a ball anytime.. However, I’ll never loan either a anvil !
            Working...
            X