Catch of the day squid and mantis shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch of the day squid and mantis shrimp

with the full moon and a good incoming tide I decided to grab my net and light and head down to the dock to see if any squid were around. I only caught about 8 squid before the tide quit. I did however catch some mantis shrimp. I can't wait to try eating them for the first time.

New York

Man, I’ll pass on the squid but the shrimp ! Now I’m jonesing for see food. See food and eat it !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Mmmm. Calamari...you make sauce or deep fry?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

I like em both ways
        New York

Comment

How squid became calamari, and how Galilee, Rhode Island became the squid capital of the world. It was not that long ago that calamari was all but unheard of as a seafood delicacy. Not any more:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ri...dirty-politics

The port of Galilee, RI, squid capital of the world....

Last edited by CMD; 11-13-2019, 11:43 AM.
          Rhode Island

Comment

How did the Mantisi taste?
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              Going to have them tonight. Tried to catch more last night but there was no signs of life. Windy and cold so I didn't stay too late. My friend was down there after I went home and he had no luck either.

I love Mantis Shrimp (really popular here in Hong Kong), but they can have a bit of an ammonia taste for some people. How did they turn out?
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              I split the top shell and cleaned them first and then just steamed. The taste was great, no ammonia. They were difficult to eat however. I had to pick the meat from the shell, you couldn't just peal like a regular shrimp.

Very nice I love that calamari

Comment

Just saw this post! Makes me hungry. Dad stationed Japan when was little, and when came back USA, kept asking for ika and tako. Now know where the ika are (in your NY net!); don’t suppose net tako there, too? I don’t imagine squid and octopus swimming together, but maybe they do....
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
              X