Some of my favorite deer pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my favorite deer pics

I take a lot of pics and usually have a camera with me in my travels. These are some of my favorite deer pics taken over the past year or so. We have quite a few deer here on Long Island and often the really nice bucks are in areas where they don't allow hunting. I still enjoy the trill of the hunt getting in bow range even if it's with a camera.

New York

Those are awesome pics !!! My oldest brother can relate he’s a big time hunter and always tells me about some of the big guys you all have out there. He lives in montauk so he might have seen some of the same deer as you depending on where at on Long Island you are at. Small world!! Haha thanks for sharing !!
    Johnson county Missouri

Comment

Hey Kaz, You have some great photos there. Thanks for sharing.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice photos kaz....thanks for sharing
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Yesterday I snuck into the hotspot around sunset and jumped up this buck I followed him to the edge of the field where I found him feeding. I was loosing light and wanted him to pick up his head so I could get a shot of his antlers so I grunted at him. His head popped up and he took off running around behind me to get down wind of me and came looking for a fight. Tomorrow morning I'm heading out east to hunt and this time I'll be carrying my bow.

New York

Comment

Great pictures.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

You know I am loving these. Just beautiful .
              I especially love the scenting one . ( licking stick )
              mine use beaches like yours . Saw a hide leg for the first time this week keep them coming . Going to post a funny scrap not high jacking just want you to see this .

Comment

• Kaz
                Kaz commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey tam The one where the buck is standing.. is that what your talking about when you say licking stick? He was actually eating that cedar tree. Saw him standing there looking up at that tree for a while then he just stood up and walked forward a few steps and grabbed a big chunk and started eating. Did it quite a few times and a few days in a row. The next day there were two bucks both standing up and eating. First time I've seen that. I've seen them grabbing apples a few times.

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                New lingo, again! Love it, thank you. Heard “licking stick” before, guess coz most everybody in Ga has hunting rifle Velcroed to pickup’s back window, but not “use beaches” or “hide leg”. Will ask brother.... And eating cedar!...no wonder Santa doesn’t let Rudolph help put presents under tree...
                Last edited by Cecilia; 11-28-2019, 09:01 PM.
            Working...
            X