Tsukiji Fish Market- Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsukiji Fish Market- Japan

One of the good things about living in Hong Kong is that the rest of Asia is close, so we are checking off some family vacations before our oldest goes back home to the US for college.

My son and I wanted to pick up a couple of Japanese kitchen knives and eat some really fresh fish, so we went to the Tsukiji fish market around 7am. You have to go really early for the tuna auctions and the jam packed ally ways of Japanese fishermen and dock workers eating their lunch or dinner, but we fine not waking up that early.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

I'll need to edit to add the pictures...

A couple more pics.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      I printed out #2 (first post) on my high- $ glossy paper. Can’t print others, or I’d eat the high-$ glossy paper. Had fishsoup for breakfast when 5 yr old in Yokota. Mushi mushi ah no nah.....

• Kaz
      Kaz commented
      Editing a comment
      Great pics. I love sushi and one day hope to be able to visit Japan.

You are torturing me!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

They like it raw! Yikes! I like my Gortons Fishsticks, lol! Great photos btw.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        O, young KP..... want you go to NYC n Athens n Japan (this fish market) n, n, n.... want to read your travelogue!

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd like to visit Girardville first, lol!

Those are super good photos and a great presentation of your food items. Also you have a good display of the cutlery with what seems to me a great display of knives with what I call, "chef knives". HST your tastes don't mirror mine. But a sense of taste is of course up to the individual. I've just never acquired a taste for Japanese style cuisine and I say that having eaten lots of raw seafood. It does however look very yummy. Thanks for showing us this insight into your life.

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        🍣Gosh, I’m sorry Joe!🍤🍲
        Last edited by Cecilia; 12-18-2019, 08:50 PM.

The tuna bowl looks amazing! I know we ship a lot of our local NC tuna to Japan wondering where it originated from. Great Pics.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

That looks sooooo good we just love sashimi and sushi but I wont let my wife see those pics as it would be too big of a tease and she would be Jones'in for it, and I don't see a chance of taking her out for some till after Christmas. Enjoy!

Comment

No Ordinary rocks introduced me to raw tuna! Soooo yummy! I always ate the fried rolls with shrimp and crab, now I yearn for the translucent red sashimi.
          North Carolina

Comment

Working...
          X