Went for a long walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a long walk

December was a terrible month for me. I lost my sweet Jackson, my almost 17 year old West Highland Terrier. I had to make the decision to have him "put to sleep". It was the humane thing to do and any other response from me would have been selfish. He was blind and deaf. He had fallen out of the bed a couple of times and fell in the pool twice although he thought that was fun because he was frisky when I got him out. He was a great swimmer and used to swim all the way across the pond. I had to try to keep it all together thru Christmas. I sold my mom's house, my childhood home. Had to pack up a 3200 square ft house and try not to be emotional about it. Thru all this my mom thought I was her sister. She's declining. I had a bad day, and was really missing my fur baby. I sobbed for two days. I kind of laugh about now because my husband looked quite shocked, lol. He knows if I ever get that upset he needs to leave me alone. So he told me he was going to give me a special surprise. Those 2 days that I was so upset, he cleared 2 acres for me to hunt artifacts. In a spot that borders my favorite spot, moving down toward the creek. Today I went for a long walk. Just walking. It's too wet to hunt. Walked back to where he was on the excavator getting the last stumps out of the ground. I finally feel like I can breathe again and I realize how blessed I am. I didn't want to look for artifacts I just wanted to walk. I took some neat pics.

A few weeks ago Surface Hunter posted about how warm it was in the South. We have since had some cold days but things are starting to bloom here. I haven't seen any daffodils yet but I do see their foliage has sprouted. A couple of our pears are starting to bloom. So here's to a new season and hopefully better days for all. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0594.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	421157 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	421158
    South Carolina

Hear hear 🍷
    South Dakota

Comment

So sorry Josie.
      What life hands us and expects us to handle can be darn near overwhelming at times but then a loved one clearing a spot to hunt artifacts or just a nice walk gives us a better perspective. Stay strong and when that's hard to do, reach out.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Greg.

Im sorry for your losses Josie I know it's tough but know that you have folks on here that really care!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Marshall. I excited to hunt again if it ever dries up here.

Hey Josie. Keep ur head up...those events are part of our lives ..that .makes us human...keep kicking sister...u know u got people who care ....and
      nice pics .....I'm jealous of the fact things are blooming there already ...wow!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Red! 75 here today 🌞

I feel ya Jo, I lost my baby girl last summer... I’m still looking for her, she was 16. I’m dealing with my mom( 83) she is a angry little lady, I don’t know why....
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry you're going thru that. I keep waiting for my mom to get angry but so far, she's still sweet. Sorry you lost your baby girl. It's much harder than I thought it would be.

Josie I feel your pain ...
      Seems like you are soldering through it . We all have the pain of our parents and it’s not a walk on the park .
      An animal is the worst . People don’t realize a 17 year old pet is like a kid in high school . Weird analogy but I try to explain it that way when I lost a 16 year old pet .
      It really sounds like you have the hard part done with your Mom and she will find comfort in a care home .
      This will be a better year for you ..
      BTW looking for my bulbs on a trail cam .
      Now go find some points girl and reflect .

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        You are so right. I'm such an animal lover that this has been horrible. Combination of too much going on! But got up every morning and told myself ' You got this'. Went out to new site this afternoon. Think it's going to be good!

I understand I lost my little dog last summer he was a mean thing and would bite anyone except me. I didn't know dogs could get pancreatic cancer like people. I tried gas pills which helped but by the time I could get a pet visit set up he had passed away. It's a terrible thing having to go through that with a loved pet. So trust me you did the right thing I'd never do it again. My mom forgot my birthday last year it was definitely a shock first time that's ever happened. Now every year when I go to visit she has a big list of repairs for me to do around her home. I just want to visit not work on my vacation but idk maybe she thinks I need a reason to come visit so I just do the work and smile. Sorry I missed your post until now.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
      X