Eagle sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle sighting

It's been a mild winter here on Long Island. Feels like spring already. We'll be catching fish before you know it. I have a few friends that I get together will down by the boat ramp in the mornings. Yesterday as we were standing there talking there was a big splash across the river from us. A young bald eagle had pounced on an unsuspecting drake mallard. He was struggling but managed to get him up onto the shore. I grabbed my camera and took some pics as he enjoyed his breakfast
    We only have a few eagles around here so It was pretty cool to see.

New York

They are finally making a big come back. Only took a few decades! Cool find!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great pics! I get to see eagles almost daily on my commute to and from work.
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

We have a growing number of breading pairs here too in Texas

Comment

So he had duck for breakfast? I've never seen them but once in a while rare sightings around my area.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

i love seeing bald eagles.
            in my area it is a very commone thing to see,i never get tired of seeing them.
            i see at lease one a day.

Comment

that's a cool rare site. Especially seeing it in action like that. Don't see many around here at all.
              keep on keepin after

Comment

Very exciting wildlife moment .
                Glad you were able to share pretty cool there Kaz.

Comment

Those birds are awesome. See them often here in ohio. I know or three nests all within twenty miles of home.
                  but, they are pricks. Ever get a chance, watch them interact with other animals. Usually birds. They truly are the a******s of the sky.

Comment

Nice!
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                    X