Clear All

• Snakes in March?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200303_095509.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	429561
    California

Yikes Tom. Hope your kitty is ok. I'm starting to look for snakes now, too. This is about the time of year they start to come out of their winter slumber.
    South Carolina

Comment

I've heard frogs croaking so I know the snakes are out to. But I hope not to see them.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Yikes is right! That's one cool cat.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Yep, I actually found my first snake yesterday, a Queen snake. I picked it up, held it for a bit, and set him back down under a tree. It was extremely docile, no biting or anything. Your snake on the other hand, I wouldn't recommend handling.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            We've got queen snakes they let off a stinky smell if they feel threatened. I smell them sometimes right after I hear them plop in.

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            I was never bothered by their smell. When the black snakes get angry though, and they can't bite you, they'll just crap on your hand. That's the only time I'm ever annoyed by a snake.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t know how missed post til now. I love lizards, and snakes lizards w/o legs; ergo, I love snakes too! On Edisto Island SC, two brothers snake-cathchers. Had two giant pits dug, venomous and non-venomous, and a box nailed to tree for $ donations. One brother’s daughter went college became herpetologist. Now, show their finds in uptown big way: built very, very fine “Edisto Serpentarium”. Have snake shows, and park rangers!

You play with your snakes, KP, enjoy!

Cotton mouths are coming out soon here in STX

Comment

Careful if you find any baby snakes out there Copperheads do a live birth this time of year and they are born ready to fend for them selves even at two or three inches long they pack a punch in venom.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              California is lucky, they just have Rattlesnakes over there....

Cool pic!

Comment

Walking up on any damn snake hissing or blowing , rattling at ya will spark a flight ! I don’t care who ya are !
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                Really? I try to catch them all. Even Copperheads. It'll com back to bite me later on (bad pun) but it's fun while it lasts.

• Lindenmeier-Man
                Lindenmeier-Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Your different, your one of the outer space aliens ...

The cat looks to be deep in thought, perhaps assessing his/her odds and what angle is best. Cats are pretty good at taking out their competition. Thats a really good picture

Comment

And everyone makes fun of my big ol snake boots
                BOOM

Comment

We gots lots of snakes around were I hunt alot of snakes...most of em are water snakes..look like copper heads but there not..on clear creek bunch of cottonmouth best watch your hands tie n the boat off

Comment

Working...
                  X