Rain or shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain or shine

It is absolutely pouring today and we are under a flash flood watch .
    You can see the water coming off the roof like a waterfall but nothing stops the coconut tree cutters . They get up there and cut those coconuts no matter what .
    If your wondering why when ripe they fall and can knock you out .
    You can barely see him in his green work shirt up there .

Wow!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I kind of think of Ron Kelly and the gang in Wyoming when I take pics like this .

Comment

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is to funny Tam

Cool pics Tam....is that a job there.... Coconut Cutter?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Yes Red it is And they are always busy .
        Think of all the hotels and streets lined with them . I actually have a story . My brother and I were in our 30’s at a marketplace . All of a sudden one came down and missed my brother by inches . I mean he could feel the motion of the air from it .
        splat on the the ground and we never sat under a coconut tree again without checking .
        The weight and speed of that from that height would have probably done some serious damage but we both agreed he probably would have died if it hit his head . . We laughed and thought what are the chances of that really .
        mall the dangerous things we do or have done and to be taken out by a coconut .

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve come close to harm coupla times by bizarre circumstances. Think of all the times you “just missed it”; kinda scary, huh?!

I remember “winter” there: monsoon season, rains for 3 weeks straight !

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow Tam. That's crazy story..I bet u guys freaked out

Nothing stops an obsessed point Hunter when there on the scent either, one of the best times I ever had was during a hurricane, couldn’t sleep all that night, not cuzz of the cane but just thinking bout the heads , got to the site early..not much light all day, but that didn’t matter, cuzz I was on the scent and it was the nose a workin..I was on point,, here,there, everywhere ...gotta stop this I’m getting a little crazy. it’s late,,,..I cleaned house that day , probably thirty artifacts,, p.s.this was an inter coastal, site on the west coast of Pinellas co. Fl.,,cannot describe the adrenaline rush 14” of rain in an hour , oh yeah, so I can relate to the coconut cutter.g’night.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

In South Florida we had coconut cutters that would come around, same reason. You paid them or the city paid them, and they made money off the coconuts. (Lots of products made from coconuts.)
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
          X