• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And So...

Click image for larger version

Name:	7C44FBF2-0E62-4E15-A7C4-4560C65EA3E9.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	490077 Last year I took a couple pics of a creek on the northern side of Amarillo. I’ve driven my wife to see the Lebanese doctor there, usually once per month. He understands Behcet’s syndrome. Well yesterday I took my wife again and this time she was able to see, “ The Man!” The time was 10:30 am.I knew it was going to be a long wait as the doctor is very thorough .... Hoss seemed kind of excited with the pics of what I now know is Quail creek last year..This creek is the head of the Red River. I wore my old work boots bc it’s still warm enough for rattle snakes, and I’m amazed at the natural flora , down the creek. The goal ? Well the goal was to find Alibates dolomite as the quarry is about 30 miles NNE of the creek. Now above the creek is shelf, after shelf, and flat with moderate soil mixed in the caliche. It’s shelves are flat, and easy to walk.... And so while sitting in my wife’s Honda CRV for about a hour, ( She loves this car) my narrow arse started to get a little irritated. The Japs make a great vehicle for anyone with a cast iron butt ! But that is just my pain speaking. I got out and proceeded with the hike. And soooo, I walked and hiked for about 3 hours looking for anything Alibates. Now I don’t know if the shelves are just looked out but I’m sure I was seeing burnt rock. No flint and I do say that in all honesty. I found slug after slug form different cal firearms , the largest slug is larger than a 45 cal. Perhaps Ethan can help with cal, also Click image for larger version

Name:	E00DB3E8-A1D7-44E6-8BA9-637FFE6B4FEC.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	490073 Click image for larger version

Name:	463804CE-81DF-41FF-9A36-1CB1EF79A64F.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	490074 Click image for larger version

Name:	7A02546F-3F07-48F0-89CE-6803BBE4119E.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	490075 Click image for larger version

Name:	48D65869-8EA8-4ADB-B6B0-8C6E9A89B292.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	490076 even a 76 penny. And finally, finally I did find One small piece of Alibates and it does have edge work. My phone rang at 5 pm and wife said they were finished treating her.
    Lubbock County Tx

Looks like a hard area to look jj good eye
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      It just does not make sense, to really look I’d need a good sure footed horse...

Gosh, that terrain looks familiar... where’re the tumble weeds?
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I saw no German thistles aka tumble weeds... Just natural flora Cissy..

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      LinnyMan, I just noticed wear-pattern on toes o’ your boots! .....I’m trying to imagine... you got dragged by Big Bird not quite big enuf to get you offa ground?!

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Those old redwings have saved my toes many times in the last few years. I really need new boots but redwings will cripple a persons feet until they mold your feet to their form... Heavy iron hitting toes..

Beautiful scenery the view was worth trip
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

A pleasant distraction from those things in life that so easily beset us...Praying for you both my friend...A good eye you have for sure, no doubt, and a wonderful tale you’ve told....
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        P.s. is that a person in. White standing on the hill, top pic. Top. Far right,?

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        That is a house above the creek Hal, must be heaven to watch the mule deer grazing tall grass in the bottom. Water flowing.

Man that's some tuff desert looking terrain....that's a.nive redrock brother man ! Good to see you trying
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Got to try Red, can’t help myself !

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Red, that’s green compared to my memories of Amarillo!

Great pics one bullet reminds me of a 38 wadcutter.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        I have no idea what the big slug is, really heavy !

Waiting at the Drs office is horrible. Glad you got out for hike!
      South Carolina

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Got to sit in parking lot with the pandemic thing Jo. I usually sit out in car anyway. It’s just awful seeing how bad of shape some of these folks are. I guess Dr. Saudae is their only hope. He is a odd ball Christian from Lebanon , very kind, super intelligent . I trust him bc he gets results. These people from the Middle East are intelligent folks, I don’t know and can’t figure why most just want to waste each other...

The slugs I see there are "modern" sugs used for people who reload ammo themselves. These remind me of the slugs my grandfather had during the 1960s. They look very similar.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Ok. I’m gonna send ya that 50 cal 1942, with no return addy !

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much! But I think you do need a return addy in order to send anything through the USPS?

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        Need you to pm to me your addy, I can’t keep up with paperwork or read my own handwriting !

Hey JJ, have you ever been up Tecovas Creek north of Amarillo headed for the Canadian?
      San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        No Sir I’ve not. But I did find the location of the Tecovas deposits near Dimmitt Tx. It wasn’t easy but the site is on ranch land north of the town. The site is called the “ Rotten Hills” site. Not much is said about it but I think the site yielded some nice artifacts.

• Rio Del Norte
        Rio Del Norte commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool...I've searched Google maps to see what the terrain looks like around there, this gives some better direction...

.45 ACP .38 .22 rf just a guess.
      SE IA

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Editing a comment
        The big one is larger and heavier than a 45.. I was kind of thinking as I walked, I wonder if I should leave the slugs ? In 5000 years or so people might be looking for slugs as earlier human projectiles... Just a thought...
    Working...
    X