• Show
Clear All

• On another kind of hunt

Fall Mushrooms a Popen. Honey and Aborted Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2502.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	495099 Entolomas. Good morning. Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Man mattern....thats a lot mushrooms....did you have a lot of fun guy?...🙄....😀
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Good one Benji....fungi.....that's great!!

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks redrocks....i had to work that in there...glad it was caught😉

Im seeing artifacts.they all look worked.... nice score Kim! Many discoidal s and turtle back scrapers...almost good enuff to eat
    Last edited by redrocks; 10-10-2020, 03:20 PM.
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by redrocks View Post
      Im seeing artifacts.they all look worked.... nice score Kim! Many discoidal s and turtle back scrapers...almost good enuff to eat
      Yah There are a couple hafted scrapers there too. The problem is they don't last very long in a display case. Kim

Comment

I sure did Benji. I'm out again tomorrow. Kim

Comment

Why does that not surprise me...yes, they do look like mushroom scrapers, nice haul.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

How do you even know what to pick I get those morell sp they look obvious but I would kill us all .

Comment

Hi Tam; I use a friend who is very knowledgeable about edible mushrooms. We hunt together sometimes. I have a couple of good books on shrooms. My friend teaches me as we hunt. The key to identifying edibles is to know what your doing. This is very dangerous. You have to be very careful. If in doubt, let them where you find them. Even good collectors can make mistakes. Like harvesting shrooms and let just one wrong one get into your bag, it could be deadly. Most areas have shroom clubs. Look for one in your area. I have to be 100% positive on what I pick. Buy a good book, Tam find someone really good at identifying, and you will be harvesting delicious mushrooms, much better than what you can buy. After eating the wild ones you won't want store bought again. Please message my at my e-mail address if you want me to help you. Kim

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	92DFDE17-7796-4538-A66D-EDFD441316D3.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	495555 I dont know there name but I eat them.
                after reading the book “ ol Jules” about jules sandoz an early settler here, I have ate grass mushrooms when in season.
                N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

That's a bunch of mushrooms I know lots hunt them, good for you finding them
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Originally posted by Fat View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	92DFDE17-7796-4538-A66D-EDFD441316D3.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	495555 I dont know there name but I eat them.
                    after reading the book “ ol Jules” about jules sandoz an early settler here, I have ate grass mushrooms when in season.
                    Well Fat that is a polypore, a shelf mushroom, I'm not familiar with. That one looks a little old but when fresh and young they can be very good. In the last few days I must have harvested 5 or 8 pounds of delightfully flavorful. I can't possibly pick Honeys fast enough. If you have Honeys where you are from. I think they are the best. There aren't any type of poisonous Honeys. Look for them. Kim

Comment

Good on ya. Personally, I'm very risk-averse when it comes to home-picked mushrooms. I remember being at a produce market in Hungary where all manner of forest mushrooms were being sold by pickers. Just inside the entrance there were two large glass cases filled with painted plaster replicas. One case had a piece of cardboard stuck to it, painted with a large green tick and a smiley face. The other had a piece of cardboard painted with a skull & crossbones on a red background. I wasn't at all convinced that I could tell the difference for some of them and didn't order anything in the local restaurants that came with wild mushrooms.

My first wife died from accidental mushroom poisoning. Exactly the same thing happened to my second and third wives. My fourth wife accidentally drowned in the bath. Wouldn't eat her mushrooms. Click image for larger version

Name:	Hmmm.gif
Views:	74
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	497628

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Haa haha, LOL.
                        Nebraskaland magazine has an article on how to “seed” a cottonwood log that sounds like something I’m going to do.

N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

Working...
                        X