Allie's evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allie's evolution

About the same time I found this forum, my oldest daughter started her own hunting adventures. She had gone with me several times when small, but she hadnt had her turn yet.
    Maybe some of the long time forum members will remember the post I made when she got her first deer? I remember how she just lit up when i read her the comments from people congratulating her from all over the US.
    Well, she has definitely evolved as a hunter. Instead of using dad's gun, she insists on her own. She has become quite picky in what she chooses to take also. We looked as a great number of deer before she pulled the trigger. She was a little miffed at me this year. She couldnt go because of homework, on the evening I found the bucks locked together... if she had, I would have been kicked out of the pictures...
    we went up friday evening and found three feeding on some green stuff near a spring. They caught us and ran to the timber before she could get ready. We followed and the two does settled down. The buck just couldnt bring himself to leave his girlfriends. He had gotten away clean, but came back for them. The heavy snow in the timber made it easy to pick him out. He stopped in an opening and she didnt hesitate.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Well Done and Congrats on a good hunt
    Wyoming

Comment

Always will be ( Daddy’s Girl ) Congrats !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That's awesome. Happy 16th bday and nice work Allie!! You gotta be a proud dad Chad!!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Girl Howdy! That's a great Whitetail Allie!
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Allie from one women hunter to another I can truly say that’s a buck to be proud of . You have come a long way and I have been watching .
            I’ll send you a pic if I get a 10 pointer The deer in Georgia are not as big as the deer in your area .
            my son shot a 10 that was 150 lbs and got a 8 that was 170lbs
            Allie are those mule deer ? What did that weigh ?
            Allie I was on the blood trail of that 170 at dusk and had to pull him out of a creek with my husband . He shot it .
            Don’t you love those bucks just silly in rut they loose senses at times .
            Last edited by Tam; 11-15-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Cskelton
              Cskelton commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a whitetail. I would guess him at about 230 pounds. She got one a couple years ago we weighed on the cow scale 255 pounds. The mulies get much bigger.

Oh hey Dad I went to clean out that spring like you taught me and a beaver made me a dam .

Comment

Great memories Allie.
              Floridaboy.

Comment

That bruiser has been in a fight way before this season.
                The left side has green scars and acorn’d tips from fighting in velvet and the right G2 was buggered and than sharpened into a dagger and he broke the top half of G3 at some time, so to match, like the G4s and those classic crab claws.
                N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

Looks like plenty of meat for the family and pressure flakers galore! Nice one!
                  South Carolina

Comment

• Cskelton
                    Cskelton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I did that to her horns she would probably set me on fire....

• Ron Kelley
                    Ron Kelley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lol That's what I thought. :-)

• Narrow Way Knapper
                    Narrow Way Knapper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe she wouldn't notice if you borrowed a tine or two. 😁

Dang!! Awesome evolution of a hunter right there!!
                  ps. Congratulations to her on that dandy 10pt!! Nice typical with some good mass!!! Proud dad I bet 😉!!
                  Johnson county Missouri

Comment

• Cskelton
                    Cskelton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep!

Absolutely wonderful! Thrill of a lifetime that will never be forgotten. Plus, it provides a fun annual goal that will occupy you for part of every year, hopefully, for the rest of your life. I live on Cape Cod, MA. The rut is over, the deer have largely disappeared! And our gun season - shotgun only doesn’t even start until the end of November when the bucks are generally long gone to hiding.

Comment

....and, you can see some pictures of several nice bucks, taken from my house, a couple weeks ago, in this Outdoor Forum.
                    Great deer, everyday for a week or two. Now they are gone! And season doesn’t start for two weeks.

Comment

Way to go Allie, and congrats proud papa Chad! 👍👍

im still amazed at the size of those Montana deer. I guess they have to be big to survive the winters up there.

what’s that she’s shooting, a .270?
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Cskelton
                        Cskelton commented
                        Editing a comment

• Jethro355
                        Jethro355 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s a nice caliber. Very low recoil a d a nice flat shooter.👍
                    Working...
                    X