Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your state wildlife commission publish enforcement reports??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your state wildlife commission publish enforcement reports??

Just really interesting to me...I see artifact busts here and there over a year's time. The crimes committed by hunters and fishermen gobsmack me...they/we should be the best stewards for the hobbies...but criminals and abusers in any and all human activities... dayum. This is Florida's FWC weekly report page they are behind a few months due to covid stuff I guess. Certainly not all enforcement actions reported as they state. https://myfwc.com/about/inside-fwc/le/weekly-reports/

I haven't used a shotgun in about 50 years... when I used a 12 gauge and a 410 over/under for pheasant. What is an "unplugged" shotgun?? I see a rule about them being enforced/busted on these reports all the time.
    Last edited by tomclark; 12-13-2020, 08:51 AM.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

The regulations for hunting waterfowl says your shotgun magazine can only hold 3 shells if I remember right. To comply you have to have something in the magazine to limit how many shells it holds.
    Wyoming

Comment

• tomclark
      tomclark commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!! Is is dummy shells or a pop-in device??

• realistone
      realistone commented
      Editing a comment
      I just cut a stick to the length that would limit how many you get to fit. It's a regulation that only applies to waterfall and I think it's a federal regulation.

You can simply use a pencil to plug the tube. The end unscrews just unscrew place pencil and screw cap back on.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I never agreed with plugged shotguns for migratory birds. If gonna shoot a bird, better to go ahead and knock it down before letting it go off to die uselessly !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Mine is unplugged but I don’t use for hunting. Factory sends them with wooden dowel rods or plastic. Mine had a wooden one. Taking a plug out will increase your capacity by 2-3. That’s if you have an extended magazine barrel. Mine holds 6 with 1 chambered. Would depend on size of shell your shooting as well
        Last edited by SGT.Digger; 12-13-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

I read some of this violations and sadly a lot
            They are vigilant about enforcing what they can but on that one read a guy shooting a deer at night .
            99.9 percent of hunters are your stewards like artifacts of the rules and regulations . There are always going to be poachers , People just wanting to break the rules as a game .
            when you hear a shot at night you always figure it’s a coyote , coon but again 99.9 % would never take a shot at night .
            I think there are more good in these sports then bad just out of respect
            Last edited by Tam; 12-14-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• tomclark
              tomclark commented
              Editing a comment
              Right On~!

Don’t know anything about these water fowl rules although everyone shoots turkey and dives . I have ducks all over. You got my mind going here Tom I’ll have to ask my guru bird expert son .

Comment

I'm gonna put this here in this thread for a bit, then maybe take it down. I wish I could take the names off the pictures and report but there they are. I believe most if not all charges were dropped. Operation Timucua Florida "Arrowhead" Sting. COMING TO YOUR STATE. Wack a mole every time you see them start with regulations regarding Isolated Finds on state lands and waters.

FWC shuts down crime ring selling priceless Florida artifacts The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), with the support of the Florida Department of State (DOS), completed a statewide investigation Wednesday that included more than 400 felony violations by 13 individuals from the Keys to the Panhandle. The undercover operation shut down a group of individuals who destroyed state lands to illegally uncover and sell historic Florida artifacts. “The suspects were part of a criminal conspiracy,” said Maj. Curtis Brown, head of the FWC’s Investigations section. “Their crimes pose serious environmental, economic and cultural consequences.” Florida statute establishes that historic properties, including artifacts, are an important legacy to be valued and conserved for present and future generations. Artifacts on public lands are part of the public trust and should be enjoyed by all. When people take them and sell them illegally, they are stealing from the citizens of Florida. “We are all responsible for protecting and conserving our state’s natural resources, including land, water, fish and wildlife, as well as historic items like artifacts. But FWC officers have the extra duty of ensuring everyone is doing their part,” Brown said. Undercover FWC officers infiltrated the operation and gathered evidence to charge the subjects, stopping their illegal business and protecting both the lands and the cultural resources. “This is not the situation of a family out hiking and finding an arrowhead or other artifact that they want to take home,” Brown said. “We did not target the casual collector. These subjects intentionally destroyed lands and rivers for their own personal gain. Some even made their entire living on these illegal sales.” Many of the illegally obtained artifacts were offered for sale online or at trade shows. The asking prices for some of the looted pieces were as much as $100,000. “Artifacts are a finite, nonrenewable resource. When they are taken, destroyed or stored in private collections without being documented, they, and the history they represent, are gone forever,” said Rob Bendus, State Historic Preservation Officer and director of the DOS Division of Historical Resources. “This is a significant loss to the state’s quality of life, history, economy and cultural resources.” The methods used by these subjects were extremely damaging to the environment. They were operating on state lands, illegally dredging rivers and digging massive holes in pristine wooded areas. “Some of the sites they looted have been completely decimated and will never be able to be studied by professional archaeologists in the future,” Bendus said. “Historians are still trying to piece together the history of Native Americans in Florida. These sites hold immeasurable amounts of information that would be extremely valuable to historians and archaeologists who are working to learn more about Florida’s earliest human inhabitants.” This investigation was led by the FWC, but incorporated support from other agencies and organizations as well. “We truly value our partnerships with the Florida Department of State, the Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecutor, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, various archaeological and anthropological societies, Florida universities and Native American groups,” Brown said. “Protecting these valuable resources takes teamwork among all of us.” The public can also help by reporting suspected violations to the FWC. To make a report, call the Wildlife Alert hotline – 888-404-FWCC – or text Tip@MyFWC.com.

"Friends say Barton, who had a collection, grew paranoid.
              Barton went missing the following Tuesday. His wife told Leon County sheriff's deputies he was "panicked" because he thought he was in trouble with a high-profile case.
              Deputies found his body in cold, shallow water near the bank of Lake Elizabeth, behind his house. They found his blue Crocs and wallet on a rock. He had written a note on the back of an auto parts receipt. "Please let all this stop with me. All fault and blame lies with me. I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused."

Jacky Fuller was sound asleep beside his wife of 33 years when pounding at the door jolted him awake. The 54-year-old father of two and faithful Jehovah's Witness stumbled out of bed in his...
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
              X