Central Pa. Bird feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Pa. Bird feeder

Dec 16 2020. Nothing more Beautiful than fresh snow. Staying warm and watching the birds at my feeders. Cardinals, Doves, Titmouse. Chickadees, Grosbeaks, and others, enjoying good food together. All their normal feed is under the weather. A welcome oasis. Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2749[1].JPG
Views:	102
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	516491
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Nice pic Kim, is that a corn field I see in the background? How much snow you expecting?
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Way to eyeball that cornfield Chris , I couldn’t hardly see it when you pointed it out.

Mourning Doves are some of my favorite. When I hear their cooing in the morning, I know it's going to be a good day.
    Last edited by Narrow Way Knapper; 12-16-2020, 03:10 PM.
    South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by paohrocks View Post
      Nice pic Kim, is that a corn field I see in the background? How much snow you expecting?
      Thanks Paoh. They say at least 12 inches. But I don't trust weather predictions. And yes that is a corn field. It used to be full of Artifacts. But I hunted them all out. I have a very good area. My drive way is an Indian path! I have 7 sites within easy walking distance from my front door, and many more within a 1/2 mile.

Comment

Southern cousins are enjoying 70 degrees, those are some tough birds..I have a couple of feeders, I can’t keep the squirrels away.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Oh shut up about your 70 degrees Hal. LOL. I have two feeders one Just for the Squirrels. The other in the Picture is hung on a plant hanger. the Squirrels just can't get to it. Try what I've done and just see if those tree rats stay away.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a sign on the bird one, it reads, Birds only, but squirrels just keep cummin....I had no idea mourning doves lived that far north...had a bad tornado hit a couple miles south today , maybe snow ain’t so bad.
            Last edited by Hal Gorges; 12-16-2020, 09:59 PM.

Cool Kim
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
          X