The Kofa National Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kofa National Wildlife Refuge

A few photos from a day out Crystal Hunting not much in the way of real good finds but the day was a good day to be alive and out and about. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9657.JPG Views:	53 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	521541 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9656.JPG Views:	32 Size:	210.1 KB ID:	521542 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9665.JPG Views:	31 Size:	219.3 KB ID:	521543 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9661.JPG Views:	31 Size:	245.6 KB ID:	521544 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9660.JPG Views:	30 Size:	167.6 KB ID:	521545 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9667.JPG Views:	34 Size:	270.4 KB ID:	521546 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9662.JPG Views:	30 Size:	257.4 KB ID:	521547 This has got to be the baddest cactus out here the Jumping Cholla or teddy bear cactus if you even just bush it the balls of hooked barbs seem to just jump on to you and with the hooked ends you can not pull them out of your skin they just have to work their way out and it can take weeks. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9687.JPG Views:	37 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	521548 and some of the finds.
    Last edited by beatup1354; 01-03-2021, 09:09 AM.
    Wyoming

Some more beautiful country
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

You are a man of many talents i see. I bet there are some points in that gully
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• beatup1354
        beatup1354 commented
        Editing a comment
        there are some to be found but not by us that day

Hey Bret, I really enjoy the scenery shots. Man that's some beautiful crystal.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice pics and nice rocks!!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice pictures and alot of rocks on the ground.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• beatup1354
            beatup1354 commented
            Editing a comment
            everywhere you go ------ rocks

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Rocks🎶rocks💃🏽rocks🎺rocks🎵

Really nice pics Bret .. Is the dry seasonal creek where all the goodies are ? Those are some nice pieces ready to wear .
          I seem to find a lot of crystal a NA camp in Georgia .

ahh stinging nettle is another monster .

Comment

• beatup1354
            beatup1354 commented
            Editing a comment
            the washes are dry pretty much all the time here except for when they get a big rain storm so water may not run in some form 5 , 10 or more years

Hmmm, it seems no matter where a person goes in this ole world there’s something to find, good show.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, yep

Nice pics
          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Very nice. We have a section of logging road that must have ran through an area where crystal like that formed. You can dig them out of the surrounding soil or just pick them up off the road every time it rains. Sometimes I take the kids up to dig. I do the digging and they keep em. I can add a pic of some if you'd be interested in seeing an example of the Montana ones?
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

just a couple miles back down the road toward quartzsite there is a public area called crystal hill that once had mines all over it you can't dig anymore but you can collect by surface hunting .
              Wyoming

Comment

I've been in this area. The wild donkeys eat those cactus!
                South Carolina

Comment

• beatup1354
                  beatup1354 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have seen them doing just that it is crazy

Awesome countryside... great pics....👍
                Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Working...
                X