NC Hike - The Last of The Mohicans Film Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Hike - The Last of The Mohicans Film Site

Had some friends ask me to take them hiking. If you are ever in Western North Carolina or looking for a place to hike DuPont State Forest is a beautiful hike. The Last of the Mohicans was filmed in part of the area as well as at Chimney Rock near Asheville. The Hunger games was also filmed at DuPont. It’s an easy hike with 4 major waterfalls, easy but long. Only 3 of us made the entire hike most everyone returned to the parking lot, lol. It’s about 12 miles maybe? I think that’s what the fitness app measured. Close to Asheville. There’s so many beautiful places to hike in North Carolina.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AAE2AE93-4FA1-49EF-A377-C92F5E17D96E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	563272

Click image for larger version  Name:	ABF9DE7D-2300-4DDD-A531-0F0753EA911A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	187.9 KB ID:	563273
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8719A61F-A9ED-4115-A3C3-3A0878E5505E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	563274

Click image for larger version  Name:	78A6D316-B697-4DBA-9531-76DDDCB3BA96.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	196.2 KB ID:	563275
    Last edited by Josie; 06-14-2021, 09:47 PM.
    South Carolina

Beautiful country scenery!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s so beautiful there!

Very nice scenery love the waterfalls 12 miles is a long hike I did a slow 6 miles above 9000 feet last week and kicked my but .

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet! Not much elevation change on this hike and we went very slow and stopped and let everyone rest. They enjoyed it.

Definitely would have to wait till the tempature drops some to do that 🙂. Great pictures and scenery. Never seen Hunger Games but love The Last of the Mohicans.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike. It was beautiful Sunday in Western NC. So cool that I needed a sweater but yesterday was warm.

DuPont really is a gem one of my favorite spots. You could spend a lifetime exploring the waterfalls WNC. Thanks for the great pictures!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sugaree, I figured this is right out your back door. You’re blessed to live in such a beautiful area. WNC, has so many areas to explore!

Sounds like a great day.. beautiful area..
    12 miles is a long day….✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely. I was reminded why all the ice cream I ate last year during lockdown was a bad idea, lol.

Nice pics Josie!!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Red!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures Josie!
    South Dakota

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It’s really a beautiful place.

Really nice area of the country Josie, nice hike don't know if i could make it either
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      You’d make it. Amazing how all the field walking really helps.

Jo, this is very impressive post! It reminds me of things I used to do. I wonder how old one gets before it’s too late to re-train?
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s never too late to retrain! Get yourself moving! I’m going to do it as long as I can. DuPont is a great place to start. If you ever go, let me know and I’ll tell you what route to take that makes it a little easier. There are not many hills just a few.

Wow....that is beautiful scenery......seen both films mentioned......im abt 4.5 hrs from Asheville.....been thinking bout a trip to see the biltmore.....i did hike up to clingmans dome one time in late november....abt died and that was abt a 1.5 mile hike, however in my defense really steep grade and it was cold, drizzly and thin air that tome of year....to top it all off, when i got to the lookout, it was so foggy/cloudy, couldnt enjoy the scenery...... .anyway, nice pics josie......thanks for sharing
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! I about died getting to the top of Clingman’s Dome, too. And that was when I was in really good shape. It would probably kill me now. DuPont is not far at all from Biltmore. If you like waterfalls, it is an awesome place. Thanks Benji!

Gorgeous area!! Thanks for sharing the pics. I’m heading for Shenandoah NP tomorrow. Can’t beat a getaway in some beautiful country. Keep on hiking.
    👍🚶🏻‍♂️🏕
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Have fun! That’s a beautiful area too. Lower humidity in the south right now. Hope that will be the case for you in SNP.

• Uncle Trav
      Uncle Trav commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josie 😃

Just beautiful Josie , in a way it reminds me of the big open waterfalls and streams in the West .

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it does.

Thanks for the pictures. You may have brought another tourist to the spot. Will definitely ask for more information when we decide. I've been getting alot of ideas from Tammy about seeing the Northern lights so that is probably a trip in near future
    Missouri

Comment

Check it out. There’s a lot to see around Asheville!
      South Carolina

Comment

Working...
      X