first over 24 yrs of living here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first over 24 yrs of living here

Also saw an armadillo the other morning. I have seen armadillos dead on the hwy and over the yrs they were getting closer to my area.
    The skunk was last night just before the sun set. Always thought skunks are cool and been waiting to catch a glimpse Of one on the property.
    Attached Files
    Missouri

I wanted to put the picture of the skunk facing me up here.
    Seemed like a very young one by the face, but I know very little about skunks
    Attached Files
    Missouri

Comment

Looks like a 12 gauge moment to me…✌️
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• outlaws15
        outlaws15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, sent the picture to my wife and her first reply was your not going to tame/feed it

They love fruit, having skunks around meansgood luck, ..They’re an endangered species 😊
      Floridaboy.

Comment

If you have grubs, they will dig up your yard to get at them. 12 gauge might be overkill... a 22 is my typical choice. They are alive and well in these parts with the town close by being over run with them last season.
        Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• outlaws15
          outlaws15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I figured about the grubs. My yard has been filled with grubs in the past and thought I'd have seen one sooner.
          I've had the yard tore up b4 from animals getting to the grubs.. I dont care if they tear it up.. I don't even cut the yard, Tammy likes it cut so she does it.

Pretty. Isn't nature amazing—paints a creature black, then puts a white stripe head to tail! Think you should feed/tame!
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Pure poetry in motion🤤

Always smelled skunks in cal . One night in a rural area I was laying on a lounge chair with a Dr Pepper .
        Here comes this critter . I glance over and notice it’s a skunk . Oh noooooo I just freeze . It wanted the soda .
        Really a beautiful animal . If not for their smell I bet that coat would be a fur coat . But people just relate smell to it .

Comment

I had a friend who had an albino skunk for a pet he had it de-scented by a vet. Thing acted like a cat. LOL litter box and all.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            How fun

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            I just saw this. My friend had a brown and white skunk (idk come in different colors), acted like raccoon. Climbed up sink, got into medicine cabinet, unscrewed caps from all her makeup!

They are pretty to look at but if your house has a crawl space, look out. They love to get under houses here. Next door neighbor had a family under her house. Took them a long time to get rid of them and find how they were getting in. I think they had to set up game cameras to find the spot.
          South Carolina

Comment

I’ve smelled them before in the creeks I always turn around when I get a whiff lol. I did see a first the other day it was either a weasel or a mink solid chocolate brown. I tapped my flipping stick on a rock and it ran away. Thought it was a small otter at first
            NW Georgia,

Comment

We have mongoose . They were brought over to eat rats but those are nocturnal and that didn’t work . Mina birds brought over to eat the worms in the cactus that were brought over to keep the cattle in check .
              it’s a slew whoops .

Comment

Originally posted by outlaws15 View Post
                Also saw an armadillo the other morning. I have seen armadillos dead on the hwy and over the yrs they were getting closer to my area.
                The skunk was last night just before the sun set. Always thought skunks are cool and been waiting to catch a glimpse Of one on the property.
                Not dog friendly lol .

Comment

Looks like a real stinker! My late MIL had a mother skunk & her litter in a den dug under one corner of her patio slab. Oma would roll tiny bits of raw hamburger into balls and place them on a paper plate by the den entrance. She loved watching six little balls of fluff come out at dusk to eat.
                  Child of the tides

Comment

I've tossed it pieces of banana and apple, but not interested in either. I'll try grapes then hamburger next.
                    Missouri

Comment

I've been seeing the skunk every morning and evening. Yesterday it was still out at 9am, started thinking "cause of concern". Last night it was out and I got real close to it and tossed a couple full grapes, but it got wind of me and waddled off to woods. I kept an eye on it and saw about where it was going to come out of woods and stood there. Skunk came out and I tossed a half of grape and it gobbled it up. The whole evening was the same woods, back out feed etc...
                      Skunk almost sniffed my shoe, but got defensive and went back in tall grass only to seem like it was smelling the grapes and came back out.
                      So far so good. Not being aggressive or acting sick.
                      Missouri

Comment

Working...
                      X