No announcement yet.

first over 24 yrs of living here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can think of many pets other than a skunk who might spray me but let us know if you get sprayed. I like all animals but stay away from them in the wild
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• outlaws15
      outlaws15 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure when it happens I'll pass it on 2 all of u. Bound 2 happen.
      All was going well last night when I got close stepped on a leaf and it jumped and I thought this is it.

Skunks are somewhat common here in WNC but armadillo’s have just arrived here. My kid said he saw on dead on the road not far from the house. I told him we do not have them here yet. Then I looked it up and had to tell him yes we are starting to get armadillos here. My kid then said his favorite words I Told You So!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      We call them “possums on a half shell”!

All sorts of plants & critters moving north as the climate changes. I read that poison ivy thrives on CO2 and the vines in my area certainly seem to be more prolific & the leaves larger. I’m deathly allergic to it so make the rounds of my forest fringe with poison ivy herbicide every 2 weeks or so.
    Haven’t seen a skunk in awhile but I do have a red fox with one missing foot who shows up for an occasional handout. She’s quite lovely.
    Child of the tides

Comment

I haven't seen the skunk coming up on 3 wks now. I haven't talked to a neighbor for a while and wondered if he shot it. I'll catch neighbor sooner or later out and about and ask.
      Cool about fox. This yr we have a lot of rabbits. Haven't had rabbits for a while. I heard if rabbits are abundant then the foxes have left area. If coyotes are are around then the foxes and rabbits won't be for long. Could just be an old drunken conversation I thought I heard
      Missouri

Comment

Coyotes will eat anything even fruit
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I have three skunks that frequent my backyard almost every night. I don’t have a dog so they feel safe to hang out in my urban nature preserve LOL. I’ve never had a problem with them in the sixteen years I’ve lived here. I enjoy watching them and on occasion have had a mother and her kits visit. The babies are like little tumbling fluff balls and are a riot to watch.
          Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Working...
          X