Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low lake level at Jackson Lake WY

Delete
    Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 10-31-2021, 09:45 AM.
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Man- o - man I can see all them points layin around the edge of that lake..If I was there.....🙂
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      I ask about that and it's all posted...Keep Out!

Sad for farmers downstream in Idaho, a lot of their irrigation water comes from the water rights over the lake.

I got to work on a summer project there when I was in college in the early 90's. The old historic shoreline was about 40 feet or so below the dam level, and I want to say archaic and paleo shores would have been down 60+ feet below the normal water level by todays standards. I never saw it below 30 feet down, but there was a lot of material from village sites that were probably a quarter mile or so from the old beach.

If it gets paleo low, I guarantee some archaeologists will be surveying the heck out of it.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      The main drawdown was from farmers calling for their water. Lower amounts of mtn water this year too.
      Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 10-15-2021, 03:44 PM.

Tell them you are looking for agates and will give them half of the ones you find but make sure you save a couple to give them look for points. Ask permission
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I didn’t know it was government land so don’t look for points

That’s really low. Wow. Wouldn’t that be fun to walk though for points.
    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
    X