Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check in

Hello fellas, it's been a while.

I'm just checking in for now. I'm still in Kentucky, but everything is packed. Departure date for my move is December 12th as of today. Who knew moving could be so time consuming? I've already had mail forwarded to my new address since I'll be up there soon enough.

Not a lot of interesting things happened to me the past few weeks, but a few things are of interest.

I hit my first deer with a car, and wrecked it pretty badly. I'm okay, don't worry, lol! I had to replace a bunch of parts though, and $500 poorer, my car is good as... well its running, that's all I can say.

I also filled my deer tag with this nice 8 pointer, with a kicker. I guess that makes him a 9 pointer since the kicker is over an inch long. He's no giant, but I'm happy with him, and he'll make some tasty food as soon as the butcher is done slicing and dicing. M1895 Mauser still works!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211120_092313.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	601103

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

well done
    Wyoming

Comment

Hey KP ..nice deer...good luck with the move!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Where are you moving to Ethan. I can’t keep up . Excellent deer !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Pennsylvania. Schuylkill county Pennsylvania to be exact. Pay is high, the area is awesome, the metal detecting is stellar and that's where my ancestors have been since the 1700s.

Love that split tine . You guys are spoiled up north . Sorry about the car , Yes I know all about moving . My garage is still full of boxes and my back hurts . Actually getting out of a stand now . So I got online with another bar . Nice to get away from it . But it’s waiting for me .
        Is the entire family moving Ethan ?

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, just me. Im moving out of my house and into the cutthroat world.

Thats a nice Buck man sorry to hear about the deer strike troubles. Wishing you all the best ihn the move.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well done KP, very nice deer. Good luck with the relocation.

Comment

Good luck on leaving the nest. Great deer, nothing wrong with that one. Looks wide and heavy. I can't get over how small the bodies of some of the deer in southern states are.
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              He was gutted, so that's why he looks smaller. He actually weighed over 200 lbs., but I guess when y'all have Mule Deer, that doesn't seem like much, lol!
          Working...
          X