Juvenile Red-Shouldered Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juvenile Red-Shouldered Hawk

This small hawk spent several hours on a six foot perch hunting bugs in the yard. It was interesting to watch. The bird made probably a hundred trips to the ground and then right back up on his perch. I think it's a Juvenile Red-Shouldered Hawk but I'm not a birder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Small Hawk 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	649360Click image for larger version

Name:	Small Hawk 1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	649359
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

They are cool to watch. We have a young red-tailed hawk around the property here too, parents are never to far away. You know when he's hungry cause just screams and screeches for hours. He's learned real quick to follow the tractor around when mowing the pasture

Comment

I raised 9 Red Tailed hawks one year after the Mennonites poisoned their parents. They are real smart birds.

Comment

Neat birds to watch. Not unlike watching the velociraptors hunt in Jurassic Park.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Great picture. I try to be a birder not very good at it though. I have better luck tamingg squirrels.
          When I see a hawk on the ground a lot I figured red shoulder as u described. Almost like they are eating seeds. Again I know very little about everything
          Missouri

Comment

great photos Ron
            Wyoming

Comment

Great shots Ron
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Really great pics Ron . I think your more into birds then you think . I remember the story about the lazy cardinal babies across from a feeder . Parent had to bring tts seeds to them .
                I would be out there all day watching that .

Comment

not a very good photo but it was 54 years ago. I raise 9, they all lived to leave the nest .

Comment

Working...
                  X