Clear All

• ~Below Zero Sunset~

Click image for larger version

Name:	7522F7D8-0EC2-4245-9426-53048DC5F574.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	667931
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

I see the folks in the jet getting outta there heading for warmer weather. Hal already said that he is getting his electric blanket out for the frigid 60 degree Florida night. I couldn’t imagine below zero. Well don’t stick your tongue to any flag poles and maybe you’ll be alright 😂
    Happy Holidays
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      😂..I stuck my finger to a freezer one time, That was dumb..

Brrr…..🥶 Click image for larger version

Name:	F19B75DD-FB01-4D8E-AA3F-34B790630B6B.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	667943

Comment

• Artifascination
      Artifascination commented
      Editing a comment
      What happened to global warming sheesh

You’re part Eskimo 😂..Sooo beautiful to look at..Here come Santee clause,..Here come Da de da..
    Last edited by Hal Gorges; 12-20-2022, 07:32 PM.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Rather be a Florida boy… for the winter…❄️⛄️

Whew. I’d never go out. It’s supposed to be 14 here Friday and 30 for the high. I don’t even own a coat for that type of cold.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep; coldest weather here in past 5 years; I do not like it!

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Low now predicted to be 12 on a day I get a free pass to go looking even though Deer season isn’t over. Go figure😂

How far south does one have to go these days? Enjoying one more decent day here before it bottoms out, but not near that cold. Few days in the single digit highs then warms right back up. My time of year though, let it snow

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Here in my part of Georgia, Savannah River proximity serves to kinda moderate extreme cold fronts, but we get big swings; was 20 degrees nighttime, then hit high 60s day. O, dear… what to wear?!

Going to be a long cold Christmas weekend!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nothing like waking up to -25 degrees… no creek hunting this weekend…✌️ Click image for larger version

Name:	FE4A5D88-DC8D-4AAC-AC5B-AA8BDF0DC982.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	667994

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        O, boy, do I remember Minnesnowda. My momma usta say “don’t take deep breaths or you’ll freeze your lungs”! But also remember how beautiful summer is on Lake Superior. Guess extreme temps price hafta pay (at least, that’s what I tell self when we hit 110 degrees heat index with 75% humidity!)
        Last edited by Cecilia; 12-21-2022, 09:07 AM.

Hal, Tom, myself and many other Floridians have you beat. It's cold where you are, but do you have these falling from your palm trees?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	668002

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you inclined to pick them up, try to warm up? …..I would, I think…

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        The last time it happened we had our resident iggy passed out in the shade. I saw a news clip on it, so I knew she wasn't dead. But she looked dead. Stiff, went from a vibrant green to grey. I picked her up and put her on the patio in full Sun and she was moving her tail after about an hour or so. When it warmed up to 60 she was back to normal. A lot of people put them in the garbage bin, and when they woke up they had a scared iguana in their garage.

This time around there will be people in Miami/Ft Lauderdale out getting them at 7am. My Caribbean and Central American friends to make soup, and others will pick them up and put them in a tree or somewhere they can safely warm up. If you have a landscaping problem with them, people pick them up, put them a garbage bag, and put them in the freezer to humanly euthanize them.
        Last edited by clovisoid; 12-21-2022, 11:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Aha….knew you’d warmed up one, two or more! Bet was very, very interesting to watch….
        Soup and euthanizing stuff tmi (does that mean too much info?), but I not only opened door, more facts trotted thru into now-forgetful brain!

Hang in there folks. Blizzard warnings are up for the next three days here in southwest Michigan!!!!
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I just saw it’s going to be 30 in the day and 8 deg at night in SW Georgia .
        That cabin we have is going to be a surprise this spring . Besides dead lizards I believe pipes will crack .

Comment

Working...
        X