Oyster time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oyster time

Hi all. The cold weather had me thinking about some oysters so I hit one of my spots. It has oysters and has produced some nice artifacts. I gathered up a bunch and then I spotted this worked cobble on my way back.

New York

Yum!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Love the cobble; I’d call that a nice chopper! And, really, really love the oysters!! Yum, yum…. And, so fresh! I tried to imagine how you harvest them. Hands in cold water? Your gloves must be extra special. Give us ignoramuses tiny tutorial when have time…
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Kaz
        Kaz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Cecilia. There’s not much to oystering here. I go when the tide is low. I throw on my boots and walk the shores edge. Most of the oysters are exposed at low tide and you just have to pick up the ones that are the size you like Many are attached to a stone or each other and you have to break them apart or give em a wack to knock the stone off. Sometimes they are in the water and you have to roll up your sleeve and grab em. The hardest part is scrubbing them up once you get home. Most of the time I break out the power washer

Awesome combo for the cold weather!
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Yum, Yum. Oysters on the half shell. My favorite local restaurant for eating them is closed the month of December so I'll wait till next month. Good eye on seeing the chopper.

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          The most I ate at one time was 3 dozen, but pretty sure could do 4!
      Working...
      X