Wild Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Hogs

The Michigan DNR has this picture as an Adobe Acrobat Poster on their web site. I think the poster does a good job of showing our attitude toward wild pigs. In Michigan you can shoot wild pigs 365 days a year and even at night if you do it right. I have watched TV shows where California officers spend a lot of time and effort to prosecute people for shooting wild pigs. I'm curious: Does your state protect wild pigs?
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

have they made it that far north? wow,im surprised! its a good thing we dont have that problem here in R.I., i'd be a full time pig hunter and my cholesterol would be thru the roof! :laugh:
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

have they made it that far north? wow,im surprised! its a good thing we dont have that problem here in R.I., i'd be a full time pig hunter and my cholesterol would be thru the roof! :laugh:
        I posted a distribution map during discussion on another thread here:

Not in Rhode island yet, but you probably won't have to wait too long. Amazingly adaptable animals. If the Good Lord had intended us to be vegetarians then he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.    :laugh:  :whistle:
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

When barnyard pigs escape it takes them very little time to look and act wild. To exacerbate the problem there are many wild game farms from which swine escape and quickly populate the countryside.
        Michigan Yooper

Comment

ive got a few vegan and a few vegetarian friends, none of them mind that im a hunter cause they all know how i use and admire the animals i harvest. but everytime someones tells me (incorrectly) "you know were not even supposed to eat meat" i tell em to put their hand across the front of their face to shield their eyes, "can you see anything?" i ask,no? then i have em hold their hands next to their heads like their holding binoculars "how about now?" i ask. predatory/omnivore species have forward facing eyes, herbivore species have sideways seeing eyes.  http://rodsncones.blogspot.com/2014/...e-between.html we were made this way for a reason,and just because we have modern grocery stores dosnt change the fact of what we are, an opportunistic omnivorous predatory species. i have no problems with anyone who choses not to eat meat or animal products,eat whatever you want, i do, but no one can deny the fact of how we where designed.and all the animals we eat nowadays evolved right along with us,with us killing and eating them the whole time.
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

We dont have wild boar in our county yet but several counties west of me they do.. 2 years ago the NYSDEC wanted us to shoot to kill boar 365 days a year. Last year they changed strategy and tells us now we cant shoot wild boar and to just call the NYSDEC when we see them.. They believe by shooting at them will scatter the groups and spread the population..I guess they have professional trappers on the state pay role now here in NY to capture them..LOL
            My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs wrote:

We dont have wild boar in our county yet but several counties west of me they do.. 2 years ago the NYSDEC wanted us to shoot to kill boar 365 days a year. Last year they changed strategy and tells us now we cant shoot wild boar and to just call the NYSDEC when we see them.. They believe by shooting at them will scatter the groups and spread the population..I guess they have professional trappers on the state pay role now here in NY to capture them..LOL
                Hey Ron, That's an interesting strategy. I just don't think that a handful of people can control a swine population. The Michigan DNR website explains how to trap swine on your own.
              Michigan Yooper

Comment

Working...
              X