No announcement yet.

One of my little friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great desktop Pic. there Charlie. Don't get any better than that! Joe!

Comment

Down here (the thumb) almost all red colored, up north mostly grays and blacks. We had the flying ones in indian river but only seen at night with spotlight. I believe reds, grays and blacks same squirrel (fox) just color variation? We also have red squirrels , annoying little buggers when your deer hunting! LOUD!

Comment

Oh ya Mark been there, one bullet for pesky squirrel or wait on deer??? So far squirrel has won, one day I will get my revenge :woohoo: Joe.

Comment

My 1st year of deer hunting (14 years old) my uncle sat me in a spot and he was 200 yards away. Heard this red squirrel bitc#### for an hour straight. Them...BOOM!!! 12 gauge slug verses 12 inch long squirrel....not a pretty sight!

Comment

Bet it got Quiet pretty quick then uh Mark! Ill still have my day with them too!

Comment

Never seen a deer that day either! How big do whitetails get there Joe? My best 17 1/2 inside spread weighed 195. Mark.

Comment

This one is my best in last 15 or so years here in KS.. Think was 17 inch. or so inside spread. Out of state hunters who pay big money for the private property kill monsters every year.

Comment

WOW!!! :woohoo:  Nuff Said!!!!! LOOOOONNNNGGGG Tines! Great buck Joe!!!! Mark.

Comment

I have tried everything to keep them critters out of my bird feeder, even went so far as to tie my Plott Hound Belle to the feeder, little critter went roun and round till Belles chain was to short to move. Hey, my 87 year old neighbor said, it was a custom round here in the old days to take a couple of squirrels when you visited a sick neighbor! Makes sense to me. Squirrel, gravy and a soppin' biscuit would make anybody feel better,

Comment

Its my favorite game meat, pheasant is second.

Comment

Love pheasant to Mark And Quail. Had dogs years ago with my brother. Sometimes he would carry camera only no gun just to take pics. of dogs on point or flushing birds. If you never hunted with good bird dogs you would not understand what Im talking bout. Was more fun to watch the dogs than to shoot the birds!!!  :woohoo: We had German Short hairs -and- Labs for retrievers. Hey Butch that gravy sounds good!!

Comment

Heres one Spanky gave me couple years ago he found while rock hunting on river. He don't deer hunt did not even have to trade him something for this one. Still had the broad-head in the body. This one only 15 inch. inside spread but mass is DamNNNN good!!

Comment

Dont hunt quail, have a season now but not alot around. I know what ya mean about hunting with a "good" dog. "Tork" was a dog owned by a guy who rented from my parents, he was in Sports afields in the middle 70s. Upland game dog, english setter. Patridge and woodcock. $300 stud fee way back then. Only went hunting with him a couple times but it was awesome! Still to this day it was the ONLY time I ever limited out. We think the guy "Don" shot his own dog for insurance. He got fired from GM for coming in drunk...several times.

Comment

Working...
                            X