Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hvs wrote:

Oh i forgot to mention looks like there may be a stemmed point laying in front of the den to the left..lol
      :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:
    Seriously though I think your right!
    :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:
    I love being around like minded people! Great eyes Ron! Or at least way to keep your eyes peeled!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

tclark, thats an English pointer correct? what happen to its tail?  :unsure:
      My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs wrote:

the bear got it  :rolf:  :rolf:

Comment

I should have known.. :laugh:  :laugh:
          My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

[QUOTE]sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

Originally posted by hvs post=146760
              the bear got it  :rolf:  :rolf:
              Tclark, just bear with us.
            Child of the tides

Comment

hvs wrote:

That's a great picture of a black bear in the den.. Its a good possibility the den had been dug by coyotes or some other critter as i believe its very unusual for a black bear to waste so much energy digging a den for its winter nap.. Not impossible but just not very common.. They usually find something like a crevice in between rocks, a hollow log or just simple depressions in the ground and then cover themselves up with brush,etc.. I have a real good friend who is retired after 40 years as a wildlife biologist and specialized in black bears.. His name is Dick Henry i run and maintain a wildlife biologist blog for him and he wrote a real nice piece about wintering black bears if your interested reading it.  http://dhenry.hudsonvalleysportsman....inter-denning/.. Thats a great picture and i wouldnt mind saving it to my computer if you don't mind.. Ron
                Hi Ron, I've never seen a bear dig a hole this big and I thought it was different also. it was huge you could crawl right in there with it room to spare..... I'm having trouble posting t o this forum though and see most of my replies haven't went through. If you want more pics tonyclark77@centurylink.net  have a great day.
              It is a
              German Shorthair... I owned a veterinary clinic for 14 years and she was an adoption from a prominent local breeder they dock the tails o n this breed.

Comment

Working...
              X