Our National Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our National Emblem

I haven't seen any new creatures but thought some might like a few more pictures of Bald Eagles.

Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

hmy: look at them claws and that beak, can you imagine trying to grab a hold of an eagle with yer bare hands like some tribesmen did? another reason to call them "BRAVES"!

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

That's amazing to me, how many people get the opportunity to take such up close photos of wild Bald Eagles?  Very few I'd say. Its easy to see why Bald Eagles were chosen to be our national emblem and a symbol of "the land of the free, and the home of the brave"! Thanks for sharing!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

hmy: look at them claws and that beak, can you imagine trying to grab a hold of an eagle with yer bare hands like some tribesmen did? another reason to call them "BRAVES"!
          Why, I'll never forget the day the pterodactyl swooped down from the sky and carried me back to his nest. 50 foot wingspan! :dry:
        I thought I was a goner for sure, but eventually the LSD wore off and I was able to descend the telephone pole :crazy:
        Rhode Island

Comment

Here is a picture I took on vacation to Alaska last summer. Hang around Juneau for a couple of hours and you lose count of all the bald eagles you see. Very cool looking birds.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

What a noble bird! Thanks for the photos, Ron. Always appreciated
            Great shot, clovisoid!
            Rhode Island

Comment

You may not be able to see it, but i just know its there! B)

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks for the great pics Guys - Very Nice!
                Looks as though Eagle is still wary of old Raven.
                There was a time many years ago..
                legend,alaskan legends,pacific northwest coast indian stories, pacific northwest coast indian legends, Alaskan legends,Pacific Northwest Art,mythology,myths,folklore,Alaskan stories,tall tales,native American,Alaska,Washington state,Oregon,British Columbia,Idaho,Seattle,Vancouver,Sitka,Juneau,Skagway,Inside Passage,Haines,Anchorage,Ketchikan,Haida,Tlingit,Kwakiutl,Kwagiutl,Tsimshian,Bella Coola,Coast Salish,totem,totem poles,totems,native American,first people,native Americans,indians,indigenous people,first people,first nations> <meta name=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                CMD Wrote:
                Why, I'll never forget the day the pterodactyl swooped down from the sky and carried me back to his nest. 50 foot wingspan! :dry:
                I thought I was a goner for sure, but eventually the LSD wore off and I was able to descend the telephone pole :crazy:
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Jeez Charlie, lucky you decided not to eat the entire 4-way! Traveling with a friend is good..  B)  B)  :laugh:
                una joya del cine y cine animacion; el enfrentamiento entre kong y el ave mas grande del planeta

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I am still glad the majestic Eagle was chosen as the national bird over the succulent Turkey.
                  I am sure a carnivorous bird would not be very savory. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                  X