Termites Galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termites Galore

At least that's what I think they are. Looks like they are in the swarming mode. That dead trunk is 18" across so that's a lot of termites.

Just something I came across recently and found it interesting. ---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Dems a lot o bugs!!! Aint gots a wood house do ya Chuck!

Comment

Those be wood eating bugs about to take flight.
      Jack

Comment

very cool pic of a fleeting, interesting occurance!!
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Mark - I gots a wood house but thankfully its all roughcut hemlock which I'm told those critters ain't too fond of, specially ifn there's pine or oak here abouts. Tom - If they be fleeting they can just fleet somewheres else.  Just to be on the safe side, I had the whole house treated a couple of years back.  Whew!!  :dry: ---Chuck
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That's frigntning.

Comment

I guess you guys got fire ants up there too?...whew!..unreal here...jn

Comment

Fire Ants? Heard of them do they fly to Jon. Sting,bite or both? Name sounds bad enough!

Comment

Wow! You lucky for now Joe...They came up from Mexico and they eat and kill everything in their path...I find turtles they have killed and theres no quail here anymore because they get the eggs,...bird hunters buy quail now to hunt...They go thru trees and man they have a bite...They are super small but can leave a whelp...Boy yall lucky but i have a feeling only for now....jon

Comment

YUCK! YUCK! and double YUCK! If I'd seen that....someone would of been  holding up my hair, cause without a doubt...I'd be losing it!
                    I can't even look at the pic without feeling all queasy inside, they look to much like maggots. 
                    Get a jug of gas and pour on them and kill em. Just make sure you have a shovel or a jug of  water to put out the fire afterward.
                    :dry: On second thought, maybe you better get a jug of bleach or gal. of bug killer. Don't want you causing no forest fires bacause of termites and... my advice!
                    I can just imagine it all now...headlines in your daily paper will read something like this,
                    "500 Acre Blazing Forest Fire... Caused by Nest of Termites -and- Local Arrowhead Collector!
                      hmy: jane

Comment

Thanks for the warning Jon, think Ill google them and do some reading. See how far north they are. Thanks Joe.

Comment

Chuck that swarm you got there is something else. Have they left the area yet?

Comment

Now see if you were on Duel Survivor you would have meals for a week.  :lol:

Comment

Thats what i was thinking.Looks like some good eatin right there.

Comment

Chuck, need pictures of top, bottom, frontal, and anterior views of at least three individuals. Might be swarming carpenter ants. Oh yeah, I'll trade for authenticating documentation.
                              Butch

Comment

Working...
                              X