Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamas Baby

Don't mess with Them!
    Decided to take a stroll at The creek today and seen a lone fawn, not much bigger than my fat house cat and it was in a real odd place but was alive. It was below an eroding/cutbank among the mud clods kind of tucked in/behind them. I had just "rescued" a small robin last week because it was in the beating sun for a couple hours and it just kept chirping and could hear it out my window but what really would have helped it is if i had put it in the shadiest spot i could find in that area but i knew my neighbors were going to be mowing soon and our grass doesn't look like a golf course necessarily (it blended in with leaves and dirt well) and long story short it didn't make it in our care and it might have if i had left it alone.
    Well while at the creek i came across a fisherman which rarely happens and he seemed like a nice fella but i do hope he didn't mess with the fawn as you couldn't miss it with it's spot's and color, I just didn't remember to bring up the fawn while having the quick "hello chat" but he probably knows better. If You don't see the parent animals by a baby try not to be "helpful" as the parent's are usually not too far off doing all they can.
    B)
    JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE! :laugh:
    RIP Chuck. inch:
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Also found a "little something" else. Will try and get pics on in a couple days. :whistle:

Comment

Josh over the years I have helped out many different wildlife. But the birds were my favorite. I worked in a warehouse of show room furniture. They kept the doors open, which led to birds flying in all the time. being in Phoenix the swamp cools helped out, but dehydration would set in. The hummingbirds would only last a half a day, so I kept my eye on them. I would have a Styrofoam cup of sugar water. that with a spoon I would feed them, so they could fly off. But occasionally we had the bigger birds fly in. I named them, cause it took longer for them to drop down to get them out. I rescued a Robin and named it Hood, a Quail I called Dan, a pigeon I named Walter.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That's awfully Kind. B)  That was necessary, for them to make it though 9 out of 10 times a youngin (not that any of those were) needs no human help unless something did happen to mama or even them. At the old place something attacked a jake/young turkey a bit before we could make it to the woods and it was a little tore up and i took it to a wildlife rehab up toward the city in my old 1970 jalopy, probably even made a donation. That was crazy, but imagine the bird appreciated it. :laugh:

Comment

Hey Josh, You are right: In most cases it is best to leave them alone. You know how a fawn will crouch down flat when it senses danger? Well I found one hiding on the center line of a busy highway. I gently pushed the fawn off the road with my boot. The doe was waiting a the top of the hill and they were soon reunited.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
          X