Twin Fawns From 6-3-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Fawns From 6-3-2016

The trail cam caught the twins with doe on the third of June. They look pretty young here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-3-2016 bb.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	214632 Click image for larger version

Name:	6-3-2016 aa.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	214633
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Nice shots. I just get to see their foot prints in the yard.

Comment

Nice pics Ron. We have a mama hanging around the back yard and I can tell that her fawn or fawns are close but theyre still in the woods. I see their prints also...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Beautiful scene. Thanks for sharing Ron.

Comment

i love this time of year

every whee i drive i see lots of does with their fawns,turkeys with their poults etc

i was reading s study the other day and it stated that most does give birth to twin fawns for evolutionary reasons
          they say that giving birth to twins gives a better chance for at least one of the two to survive past its first year
          where as giving birth to a single fawn has a greater chance of not surviving and the population declining more rapidly

with fawns being pretty much defenseless to predators,and more susceptible to death from the weather.
          the more that are born guarantees a higher survival rate of the fawns

being a truck driver, i travel a lot of rural areas to small towns to deliver my product
          i do see a lot of twins with the does this time of year.usually by fall i see a lot more singles with the does

Comment

Cool shot
            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X