Oh My God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh My God

Year's ago while living in a rural and wooded area in S.E. Missouri I was checking out the bfro website reading stories but decided to check out the sound recordings. Maybe I should have had the volume down or maybe even window closed but the 1973 whoop freaked me out playing so loud and after reading stories i had the idea a bigfoot may have heard the call. Sometime's I think maybe it's all false but other times i wonder if something is to the stories really but in today's day and age will likely only bring more false stories from people wanting to make a little off of them. Well I listened to the 1973 whoop call and was a little worried bigfoot might have heard it.

Quite Spooky, well recently at my spot near the creek i have actually been hearing "thing's", once it was on both side's of the creek at same time. Can't say i'm not a little crazy, but i am honest, honest. And maybe i have a little obsession with this bigfoot thing but that seems ok i guess.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Thanks for posting the link to BFRO. I read an story from a woman in my county that is just east of me. Quite entertaining. When I played that 1973 whoop sound byte on loud the dog got up and left the room. I'm not really a believer in this but I don't totally dismiss it either. It would be fun to start a thread of local lore...monsters kinda stuff. With all of the folks from all around the map I bet we can get some good stories.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Sensitive ears maybe, heh.

What i heard wasn't completely out of the ordinary, just thumps and trees or limbs falling. Little embarrassed at how i posted this but just being honest i guess. A lot of the first book's i borrowed from the library were about bigfoot and it was kind of thrilling imagining something like that. I imagine if most people actually did experience something like this wouldn't want to talk about it because of what people would think of them. Actually many of the stories come from people who said it happened years earlier and they only told one person or none.

Last edited by JoshinMO; 07-21-2016, 10:54 AM.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Never be embarrassed to post anything Josh. Posts like this start conversations. And conversations are what make the forums fun to be part of.

I'm not really a Bigfoot believer Josh, I enjoy the conversation but I remain extremely skeptical. Why? Well because I believe at this point there would be some Archaeological evidence to prove its existence or that one would have got caught with its "hand in the cookie jar" so to speak... That hasn't happened yet. I don't think we know everything that's out there and I believe some vast wilderness out there has a major secret were unaware of.
      All that being said I did have one experience deep inside the Daniel Boone National forest that gave me chills.
      One morning while hunting I decided to get as far away from the beaten path as possible. And this beaten path was at least 10 miles from the nearest road. I hiked over a mountain and up a deep gorge along the Rockcastle river. I had went so far that if anything happened I would have been hopeless for rescue and a twisted ankle would have probably turned into a disaster.
      I decided to sit down and take in all of the surroundings on the edge of a Laurel thicket. As I sat there listening to the woods, contemplating my next move I was startled by a loud KNOCK! And then Another loud KNOCK! The only way to describe the sound was like someone with a hollow Louisville Slugger was beating on a very hollow log. It was definitely a wood on wood sound. And what was unexplainable in my mind was the fact it was coming from only about a 100 yards away at the top of a ridge above a cliff line covered with pines. There was NO beaten path to this place i was in or hikers in this area, NO houses within miles and miles and no reason for anyone to be there on this cliff line that had no real convenient access as the assent upwards from my vantage was thick with briars and Laurel scrub. The Knocking continued in an almost Rhythmic pattern spaced in intervals of about ten seconds for maybe just a minute. I stood there in disbelief at what was happening and Suddenly another KNOCK! Only this time it was across the valley on the opposite side of the river. This response Knocking only happened 2 or 3 times but it was loud and echoed down the valley but was most definitely from the opposite side of the valley. At this point I was feeling outnumbered and I really had the feeling that I was unwanted in the area and in someway they ( whatever they were? ) Were communicating my presence to each other. It was really in unnerving and I lost my will to continue forward and decided to turn around back the way I came.
      At that point in my life I had never heard Bigfoot hunters speak of "Wood Knocking" but later on when I heard it described on T.V it gave me cold chills again, almost like it did when my experience happened...
      Im the kind of person who has to make logical sense out of everything i see or hear, but I have no real logical explanation for the things I heard that day.
      After all that im still a Bigfoot skeptic though lol. I want to see the hard evidence. And I just haven't yet. Even my frightening experience does not override my need for tangible proof which leaves no doubt that Bigfoot roams around and is smart enough to hide his species own existence. Maybe that happens someday but till then I'll write off my own experience as a natural act of nature.
      Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-21-2016, 04:35 PM.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        The thought of woodpecker ran through my head too but the spaced intervals were further apart and the sound was of heavy wood on wood. There are some beautiful large woodpecker s in that area and I've watched and listened to many of them but these sounds were unlike any i had heard outside of human produced Knocks... I also contemplated someone illegally cutting trees by axe but I guess I'll never know. Maybe I let my nerves get to me, not sure what it was but it turned me around even with the added comfort of a 270...

• CoachG
        CoachG commented
        Editing a comment
        Great story. I'm pretty close to the Kentucky line section of the Daniel Boone. I've been to Great Meadows many times. Don't know if you've ever been there. Definitely good Squatch terrain if they exist.

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Never been to great meadows I'll have to look into it, I've also never been to Big South fork or Royal Blue, places I'd like to go check out sometime.

This one was right here in my backyard. He's looking at one of my feeders. Sorry guys I couldn't help myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-24-2015d.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	218841
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
      X