Name:	20170221_155332.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	278634Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_155243.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	278635

I hike along railroad tracks from time to time, and often see interesting things. I wasn't sure what to make of this find...any theories?

- train accident lol! ?

- young male disbursing, killed by dad or by an unrelated adult male finding an interloper?

- leg trap victim?

​​​​​​​
    Location - Eastern Massachu

Whatttt coyote ugly chew your foot off .
    lmao just seeing your face saying wait whatttt ?

Comment

Oh... 😢
      Child of the tides

Comment

I don't believe a foot hold trap did the dirty deed. I have had a few of my hounds (both Beagles and Plott hounds) caught in foot hold traps. The worst that happened was that they limped on that foot for a day. Usually they simply went on hunting with no ill effects at all.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Probably was train related, and likely coyote vs train. The train track close to me has plenty of yotes, I know because I've heard them on a few evening strolls... However it happened the critter got the raw end of the deal.
          Last edited by Kyflintguy; 12-30-2017, 07:19 PM.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

There is a railroad bridge out here people would hang out at so one day some family and i went there walked up the tracks some and seen something in multiple pieces. It happens, it may have been chasing something or the light confused it.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I have to jump in here although I’m not certain of species, I can almost certainly say it’s a victim of a train. I don’t know why, but I’ve seen it a thousand times....when a train approaches and animal that is between the rails, they about 98% of the time run straight away, down the tracks. Sometimes they try to jump out of the way at the last moment and get run over, cut in half, foot cut off, you name it....small dogs, coyotes, raccoons, possums, cats...they are the worst.
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Life is brutal in the wild and then along comes man to add to the mess. But when animals and vehicles (train, car etc) come in contact, unfortunately the animal is usually the loser.
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
                X