This is a huge beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a huge beast

Just some old pictures I found on my PC from a walk in 1986 can anyone guess the size of this critter? Click image for larger version

Name:	tinyfrog.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	310567
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Looks like an American toad. Born tiny. The size of a pea? I've been amazed in the past when I see what I think is a house fly, and it turns out to be a toad. I'm I wrong?
    Central Ohio

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tinyfrog1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	310574 Click image for larger version

Name:	thisishowtiny.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	310573
      Nope you are dead on. American Toad it is.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Crazy huh? Can't believe that thing is that small. Glad someone else thinks these creatures are worth noting. Grow to be the size of a man's hand...if they survive that long.
        Central Ohio

Comment

Hey Matt, that's a cool picture. Funny thing i saw one today about that size.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Amazing! It is cool to see the baby form of something, and watch it grow to its adult form. You took that pic in 86'? I didn't know film took good pics like that. (Not born in the 80's). Here's a frog I found this Feb. Not nearly as small though. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0451.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	310618
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              You really take great pics Hoss

Wow not sure how that came out 1986??? 2006 is what l meant.
            Last edited by Hoss; 07-29-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              That would explain how you have a 2004 nickel in the pic. I was scratching my head like crazy! Maybe "Back to the Future" is real after all...

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Typo was probably due to big fingers small keys

Sometimes at our pond there will be thousands of toad babies that size and you cant help walking on them.

Comment

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              I am pretty sure I walked on a couple the day I took those pictures. Sad to say that but they are so small you hardly notice them until it is too late and you have to back away from the area .

I have a tiny one in my garden . Then there are those very poisonous Australian giant toads . Many of friends dogs have gone to the ER .
            I still like that tiny tiny scrapper you have lol

Comment

Working...
            X