Deer season success!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer season success!!

Just thought I’d share this since my artifact hunting has taken the back burner to my lifelong passion of deer hunting here in Missouri! My dad connected opening morning with our number one hit list buck during Missouri’s rifle season this past Saturday/opening morning. I’m an avid bow hunter as well as my dad and we both have been hard after this big guy! A few days before rifle opened I had him at 20 yards but it was so dark I couldn’t see the pins on my bow sight so I obviously couldn’t take the shot. We both have seen him plenty of times but he’s a smart one and didn’t like coming too close. Well the first 15 minutes of legal shooting light opening morning of rifle my dad got the job done! To me, nothing beats the feeling after helping my dad load a slob in the back of the truck!! A memory I’ll cherish the rest of my life. To all the other hunters out there good luck and stay safe!!

Nate
    Attached Files
    Johnson county Missouri

Hey Nate nice post.. congrats to your dad ..cool story
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!! It’s been a few years since he has been able to harvest a real nice one so he was due for a good buck!!

That is quite the rack he is sporting.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn’t agree more man!! This property always has at least one good buck on the property but we have yet to harvest or even see one with such tall brow tines! He was an old one too.. upon examination we realized he had no teeth left!! So my dad probably did him a favor.
Working...
X