ID:	404363 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00470(1).JPG
Views:	286
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	404364 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_095820.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	404361 Living on the Cape Fear river has spoiled me in pursuit of pelagic wonders! My biggest over-slot redfish was caught on a bass rod I found while arrowhead hunting. The flounder, trout, and reds move in from the inlet and feed on baitfish which makes for some great fishing! I'm starting to learn a lot about the nuances of catching bigger fish.
    North Carolina

Definitely paradise for anyone who loves good eats.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

It's my favorite place as well. That sure is a fatty flatty! Can't wait to fish the cut together sometime!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• utilized flake
        utilized flake commented
        Editing a comment
        Whenever you wish good Sir!

That's cool nice postman
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Wonderful phrase “ pursuit of pelagic wonders”! If I ever knew word “pelagic”, I’d forgotten it, and had to look it up! These photos make me hungry! Are you gonna cut fishes up, freeze, and give for Christmas presents?
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• utilized flake
          utilized flake commented
          Editing a comment
          They all went back to make more fishes! Only keep medium sized ones!

That would be fun to live on the river. You look really tall and your catches, they are large! Nice post
        South Carolina

Comment

• utilized flake
          utilized flake commented
          Editing a comment
          As opposed to my avatar lol!

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your avatar! I made it really big on screen, and showed it to daughter.

Nice fish!
        South Dakota

Comment

Nice bull reds you got there and a super flounder. Get the same species here where I live. The fall temps seem to bring some of those bigger reds near the beach and into the bays.

Comment

• utilized flake
            utilized flake commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely a change from the finesse of shooting saltwater flies when I was a kid growing up in Florida where you can chase permit all day on the flats trying to bump them on the nose to illicit a strike, or dropping a live shrimp down to catch one of the many species there. The brackish water here is way more finicky and forces me to target the specks reds and fluke!

Many moons ago I tried to make a go of it down in Key West. We used to take a frog gig tie that on a lanyard to a wrist and tie a rope to our waist from the the car bumper and jump in under thee bridges. We would snorkel down and try to get lobsters in the bridge pilings. . One day I stuck my gig in there and something started fighting me hard. I almost drowned swimming back to the shore. It was crazy to do this because the water was usually ripping through there from Atlantic to gulf or vice-versa. Anyway my prize was an 8 pound flounder. We ate good that night. You have some nice catches there congrats on learning the nuances
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• utilized flake
            utilized flake commented
            Editing a comment
            Our flounder season is closed this year but I love how a crab stuffed 9 lb flounder can feed eight people!!

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Crab-stuffed flounder!! I swear only reason follies not done me in long ago is fish favorite food.....
            If crawls along bottom o’ ocean, and eats other fishes’ digestive leavings, then put it on my plate!
            Last edited by Cecilia; 11-21-2019, 02:27 PM.

• Rio Del Norte
            Rio Del Norte commented
            Editing a comment
            Yummm...

Now that’s some nice fishing there buddie . Glad you catch and release good show .
          just keep what ya need .
          I actually go out with a neighbor every week and do just that . Well maybe every other week depending on weather but if we get a nice one I am eating !
          Wayne and I many moons ago dove off a dangerous area but we always had lobsters in the freezer .

Comment

Working...
          X