Social distance casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social distance casting

Never been much of a freshwater fishing guy, but went down to a pond near the local school with a fly rod. Was practicing my roll cast and thought a bluegill ate my popper. Turned out to be a 7 lb bass! Felt way bigger on a 8 weight cheap rod. It was a nice way to kill 30 minutes!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_144145-1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	451264
    North Carolina

For fresh water....that’s a good fish!
    when I get the urge and break out the fly rod you can damn well bet I have achieved social distancing plus....anyone near me will get hooked! 😂

I'm used to salt water fish...they tend to run a tad larger lol
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Nice fish, used a fly rod in the sixties to get a lot more action, that was a ton of fun...Fla, unofficial record , 20 lbs., official, 16 lbs. my largest, 6 lbs. yours is a large one for your neck of the woods.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• utilized flake
        utilized flake commented
        Editing a comment
        Got an 11 pounder in a pond once in NC.... But saw a 21 caught in a lake in Florida once! The guy used a cube of cheddar cheese. Darndest thing I've ever seen.

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        You suppose that chunk of cheese added extra weight, in the sixties and seventies some guys were stuffing splitsht, sinkers, etc In em for weigh in, lol.

Awesome catch UF. The biggest largemouth I ever got came when I was chasing gills as well... a 7lber also. I'll bet that was a nice fight on that flyrod for sure. Nice catch man...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

WTG nice big bass
        Wyoming

Comment

Nice!!
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Big bass nice size to get mounted I have a 11lb some place I. The garage. Florida grows them big. But in this part of Georgia that would be a trophy. Get a picture and measurements they can make you one. I can't imagine catching it on a fly rod. You might have a record for your state. Check the records might qualify for your state. Good catch
            NW Georgia,

Comment

No records or mounts...there are bigger ones in said pond that I saw. The only thing I would mount would be the 14 foot alligator that follows me sometimes in the morning when I kayak fish. It would be expensive to mount a big gator like that! Probably cost an arm and a leg!
              North Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                Now see clever “cost arm and leg”.... yes, yours!

• cgode
                cgode commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait.....your gators use kayaks? Weird

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                🐊
                🛶..........🤪

Love shore fishing when I get a chance to make it down to Florida. Went down for a couple weeks this past March a caught a 18 inch Pompano.(my best pompano). Never did get the weight but it sure taste good that night for dinner... Nice catch UF...
              North Central Kentucky

Comment

• utilized flake
                utilized flake commented
                Editing a comment
                Pompano has always been my favorite eating fish!!

So, did you fry that bad boy? Kids been fishing a lot lately at big pond, catching bass and bream. Put some on smoker (don’t); put some in deep fryer (do!)
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• utilized flake
                utilized flake commented
                Editing a comment
                Water quality here would prevent me from eating a bass... Unless there's no meat around to be found, but that will never happen lol!
            Working...
            X