Sandpipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandpipers

The one and only sunny day in a week of gloomy weather I headed to the beach for a hunt. No artifacts but had the company of a flock of sandpipers. They are personable little birds who fly in tight formations and can turn a 180 in less than a second.
    Child of the tides

Cool little birds. We have them here to on the South end of lake Michigan. I have always enjoyed watching them walk the beach.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Cute. Always fun watching the shorebirds.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Lol, and they all turn at the same time, nice day at the beach...
        Last edited by Hal Gorges; 02-14-2021, 07:53 PM.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Always enjoy seeing birds although we don't have those inland in Ga.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

It's been raining here for the past three days, so thanks for the nice cheerful picture.

Reminds me of when I was surf fishing in San Diego. A group of those birds were flying in formation low over the water. One of them ran into my line and took a nose dive into the ocean. It popped out of the water and caught up with the group.
            South Carolina

Comment

• Hal Gorges
              Hal Gorges commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually can picture that, but I’ll bet he/she told that story t’other way around

• Narrow Way Knapper
              Narrow Way Knapper commented
              Editing a comment
              You're probably right, but it sure was comical on my end of the story.

Nice pic!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

I just saw this post. You took an incredible picture! You should post more of your beach, and all the wonderful things you must see
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

We have them in May by the hundreds of thousands in fortescue nj along with redknots and a varaity of other shore birds they come to eat the horseshoe crab eggs Amazing site to see !!!!
                New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                X