You know when you found something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know when you found something!

Some are obvious, some are not. We have seen an artifact and know before we pick it up, we know what we have hunted for, is right before our eyes. It is the In-Situ pic'.Very Hard not just to pick it up before the pic. I guess over time we all know they are going to get legs and run away. :rolf:  :rolf:  But a couple of months ago I had a friend tell me that! What if you grab for your camera, and lose sight of the point.  :whistle:  I told him I use a walking stick I can lay it down with the tip next to the point move it and take a pic and pick up both at the same time.
    This CONTEST is Best In-Situ for the summer. Ends the first day of Fall.
    Just wanted to get some thoughts?

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

I think it's a good idea for a contest!   Hope to contribute many thank's and some pics. :whistle:
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

awesome idea chase
      just hope i can post at least in situ pic :blink:

Comment

I'm all in
        South Dakota

Comment

I think that is a great idea ...I'm in. Now if I could just find my first find of the year.
          Always keep your head down and never give up!

Comment

Great idea and great advice Chase.

I wonder how many will shed their striped pajamas at the same time as they enter this contest. :rolf:
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Crap, I'm doomed!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Good idea. I lost a very nice point once because of the stupid in-situ. Taking my sister for a hunt in a field. Find a nice point. Walk away to call my sister over to see it "as it lay". Yeah, right, well helps if you can see it. Helps a lot. Took about 45 minutes and my sister watching her brother meltdown in a field. Just look for the footprints, right? Right! Gotta be there, dude! Why didn't you mark the spot, you idiot! 45 minutes of self abuse later, there it was. Oh yeah,,that was relaxing :rolf:
                Rhode Island

Comment

I am in.
                    Insitus of many of the points I find will never happen because I can only see a tiny bit of the blade. There are so many flakes to turn over that it would take me a week to walk across the field taking pictures of half covered pieces of flint that might turn out to me a points. :lol:

Comment

waterglass wrote:

I am in.
                      Insitus of many of the points I find will never happen because I can only see a tiny bit of the blade. There are so many flakes to turn over that it would take me a week to walk across the field taking pictures of half covered pieces of flint that might turn out to me a points. :lol:
                      My sentiments exactly, If I took a pic of everything that might be an artifact before I flipped it out of the dirt it would be the same as you or I'd never get any hunting done!
                    But I'm in too, kinda, I think, maybe
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

[QUOTE]gregszybala wrote:

Originally posted by waterglass post=160211
                      I am in.
                        My sentiments exactly, If I took a pic of everything that might be an artifact before I flipped it out of the dirt it would be the same as you or I'd never get any hunting done!
                      But I'm in too, kinda, I think, maybe
                      Greg, waterglass, there are times when you just know. I have flipped and found a point. There are other times its a no brainier. Talk to that hand and back off. take the pic! :rolf:  :rolf:  Just saying.
                      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Here is one I found Saterday.
                        Some furry fiends came out of nowhere and tried to steal my glory, but I wasnt having it.

the Prize!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283 [replaced].jpg
Views:	53
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	205845

Comment

I'm in if I ever get to do anymore hunting
                          I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Well I don't get out much because of my back  Not sure if I will ever hunt again?  :dunno:   I did find this in my back yard today Made me smile because it is early for these.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Well I don't get out much because of my back  Not sure if I will ever hunt again?  :dunno:   I did find this in my back yard today Made me smile because it is early for these.
                                very pretty
                              I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Working...
                              X