Entry for October find of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry for October find of the month

It is time to enter your best finds from this past October! Please provide at least two good pics of your find, and the link to the post that you originally showcased the find. Deadline for entry is November 12th.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20201108_114318.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	503836 Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20201108_114335.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	503837 I will enter this one found on 10-2-2020 title Right in the Road.
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 11-08-2020, 11:49 AM.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F45DBED0-C572-4BA6-8A4A-0B266C1D080A.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	503141 Click image for larger version

Name:	E16D33EC-B31A-4F52-B96E-DCD96408E183.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	503140 Click image for larger version

Name:	8CDF423F-1B47-4B6F-B06E-16EA5A25D588.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	503139 I’ll throw in my adze... first one I’ve ever found.
    found in October... under”guess what I found”in what did I find. Click image for larger version

Name:	8A6348F1-9529-43B9-A9BC-ED5759BEA0CC.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	503138
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Found this in early October but never go around to posting it until recently and finally got around to making a video of it also on my YouTube. One of my best finds yet!

Massachusetts

Comment

Massachusetts

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        If you found these today, they cannot qualify for this months contest. You can create a new thread with pictures, and enter them for next month.

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        He stated in the previous comment that the celt was found in early October....

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man, I'm sorry, lol! I didn't click the link and just glanced over the writing! My bad, yes, you can enter. I'm sorry about the mixup. Brain Fart.

I apologize I tried to be very clear I found these in early October.
      Massachusetts

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries, a mix up on my part.

I’ve never entered anything in these contests before so I figured what the heck why not. I had 3 or 4 what I consider decent finds and I couldn’t decide which to enter so I had my 12 year old daughter pick and this was her choice. I couldn’t figure out how to add the original link so I took a picture of it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Got out of work at a decent time today so I decided to go to one of my digging sites along the Delaware River for a couple hours before dark. Found tons of chips and flakes but only one intact piece. Not sure if it’s a Susquehanna or not but whatever it is I like it
      Last edited by Kentucky point; 11-11-2020, 06:33 AM.
      Warren County New Jersey

Comment

• HBird
        HBird commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t figure out how to add a link. I always use my phone to come on the site maybe I have to get on the computer to do it

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        If it was easy I could do it myself. Might be easy but not ever seeing it done before makes it seem hard for me. Just ask and someone will add it for you

• HBird
        HBird commented
        Editing a comment
        I sent Kentucky Point a private message asking for help so I’m waiting for a reply

Thank you Kentucky Point
      Warren County New Jersey

Comment

I enjoy having something to enter into these contests and i appreciate ky point for taking on the task of monitoring this contest...ill enter when i can....meaning if i have a find that i deem worth entering...kinda slowing down for me, but its a find, so ill enter.....might be hard to beat with the other contestants this month but thats ok, another entry to make it exciting....here is the in situ and cleaned....thanks for looking and good luck to all....
        https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...-or-bottleneck Click image for larger version

Name:	20201019_174301.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	504892 Click image for larger version

Name:	20201019_174326.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	504893
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

That's a good one Benji. Looks like mine fell apart after being run over so many times. It had a decent tip when I found it.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

I do not have time tonight, and I'll be leaving to go somewhere tomorrow morning, so the Contest will be up and running on Monday.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Lots of great artifacts, keep them coming.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Keep posting entries if I'm going to be last like usually at least add some more. Come on guys I know there was more finds than this
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• HBird
                  HBird commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would be glad to post a couple more but I’m sure I’m probably only allowed one entry per month in the contest and the deadline for entering has passed two days ago

I did find a pretty killer perdiz with an ear ding. But I was slackin and missed the deadline as well.
                Austin TX

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you post your find? If so put it in the contest

Ok here's a late one then!
                perdiz (left) found in san saba County, TX

Point in question is on the right. Found yesterday in central Texas. We have some different opinions. Thanks!
                Attached Files
                Austin TX

Comment

• Kentucky point
                  Kentucky point commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah don't worry man, you're good. I wasn't here yesterday, so I'll make an exception.
              Working...
              X