No announcement yet.

7th Annual Secret Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overshot aka Santa 🎅 must have known how good I was this year. You are too kind, thank you very much for the package!

Comment

WOW Merry Christmas Dave. Chad is a very generous man.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone No need to start new topics as I said when I closed thios we would share what we got after december 25th but I decided to open it back up two days early. I hope you all got some neat gifts. Its fun to see what everyone received so post away.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Merry Christmas. I really like the potters stoneware. Mark (Midwesterner) had no way of knowing this but his stoneware Coffee Mug is a great addition to the items I already had. I actually have three friends who are potters so this is of special interest to me. Many thanks and Merry Christmas Mark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coffee Mug.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	668398
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Name:	9DD78483-B340-48D0-B24C-DE4E26B2E14E.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	668401Click image for larger version

Name:	1B82A6C5-FB53-47B6-83D9-F36ABA03B775.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	668402Click image for larger version

Name:	A85CA9AD-6146-4C32-B845-9112E85E7089.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	668403 JoshinMo sent me some cool points from Missouri.
            Josh was also my secret Santa last year, the points in the frame are from last year as well… thank you Josh! Nice to have a Missouri/ Illinois frame….👍
            Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Name:	C2B84B73-4035-4ED0-822C-399CF5705174.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	668407 Also, Josie sent me the nicest frame! I just had to fill it my favorites… it makes for a nice “A” frame.
              but now you did it Jo… now I have to replace my cheap hobby lobby frames…. Lol.
              again, thank you so much!…..👍
              Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Leah from Pensylvania is My secret Santa (not sure about Username) this year. I received some very cool Gifts and appreciate Them very much.

Hoss sent Me a Card with Native American Postcard and a cool Sticker.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays Everyone!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20221225_094629.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.0 KB ID:	668478Click image for larger version  Name:	20221225_094658.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	668479
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  leah is flintEastwoods daughter. Her little brother iss Nutherone

• JoshinMO
                  JoshinMO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, well Thank You Hoss.
                  Thanks again Eastwood and Family.

Thanks to wiljo sent some new types and new materials from different areas. Some polished material some worked stuff and whole stuff. May not be able to see or read all labels easily but they are in pic. Was very grateful to receive this. The petrified wood was pretty cool too.

Name:	C2A6B330-CA78-4F65-BC9E-E497D480E607.png
Views:	232
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	668494Click image for larger version

Name:	45983DCE-24C2-4AF1-BBB6-E92472E44A9A.png
Views:	240
Size:	431.6 KB
ID:	668488Click image for larger version

Name:	F9286F3F-5BDD-48D0-B968-EFD0F2914A8D.png
Views:	233
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	668489Click image for larger version

Name:	D7D62A42-97CB-4386-BC80-36AAE856AF6B.png
Views:	238
Size:	460.1 KB
ID:	668490Click image for larger version

Name:	ED359464-BF2D-4D2F-99CD-A0149DDD9207.png
Views:	234
Size:	520.8 KB
ID:	668491Click image for larger version

Name:	929BC41E-9700-4793-9ADB-7BC42932B997.png
Views:	243
Size:	485.3 KB
ID:	668492Click image for larger version

Name:	B7DE279C-A09C-48FC-9281-E5A44C1D5D2E.png
Views:	236
Size:	601.2 KB
ID:	668493Click image for larger version

Name:	C2A6B330-CA78-4F65-BC9E-E497D480E607.png
Views:	234
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	668495
                Attached Files

Comment

Dave , aka FlaHillbilly was very generous as my very first Secret Santa, being my first year to participate. He sent me his best Madison point from Madison Co FL, which i noticed had a small impact fracture on the tip of one side, a very nice Uncle Henry pocket knife, and what i was most fond of was a jar a his local honey from his hives, which ill honestly say im not a big hone fan but theres a big difference in store bought honey and locally harvested honey from his own hands. Brings bland ole biscuits into a whole new league of deliciousness. Ive always wanted
                  to try locally raised honey or right from the comb just never had, but i can now check that off my list! Thank you so much Dave. Greatly appreciated my gifts.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Fla.Hillbilly
                    Fla.Hillbilly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That must have happened in shipping. check inside box for tip. Also, I know my writing wasn't good, But it's a Marion from Marion County Fl.

• PaleoSnow
                    PaleoSnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Im sorry Dave, id blame my memory loss and not so much your writing. I bet i dont forget again! Kind of embarrassing actually. That sucks about the tip! I actually threw the box out maybe the same day. I WILL NOT put any of my pieces in the hands of the postal service to send and have papered. I hate that Dwain wont let you hand deliver them, i trust his opinions greatly but like i say, no amount of insurance can replace a one of a kind priceless (to me) artifact. Theres mail box thieves as well and ive seen how packages get mishandled. I wont take the chance. I hate that it was damaged in transit though! But its still definitely my very best and only Marion! Straight from Marion Co FL!

And i think i know where the Madison came from, i was taking
                  to MobleyCrue and she finds a TON of Madisons there in GA Smaller triangular points and theyre very abundant. And maybe that was what was on my mind. I do apologize though. It sucks getting older!

Comment

• Fla.Hillbilly
                    Fla.Hillbilly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem, Sux that it got broke in transit.

All I can say is wow, I received my package from Richs and he went over the top with these three beautiful pieces from Tennessee, made of dover chert, as well as a awesome display case he made! I'm not sure how he had them positioned as they got knocked around during shipping but thank God they didn't break or chip. There is also a really cool hand drawn map on the back of the river where he hunts with a key, showing spots like flint city and flint city 2.

Name:	20221227_093800.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	668639 thanks again Richard these will proudly be displayed with my collection for many, many years to come!
                  ​​​​​​​
                  West central Montana. God bless and happy hunting!

Comment

• PaleoSnow
                    PaleoSnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome! I love the frame. Very kind gift from Richard

I got some fantastic artifacts and memorabilia from Chad, aka PaleoSnow! Some fine paper memorabilia, with the large comic book as a standout, and several points from Northwest Arkansas and Texas. Most appear to be variants of Gary points. Beautiful lithics, all of them too. Thanks Chad, and Merry Christmas!

Name:	DSC_0718.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	668649
                  "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• PaleoSnow
                    PaleoSnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are very welcome Ethan. Its my first go round doing this so wasn’t sure what all or little to send and
                    Of course I wanted you to like your gift so i put together a variety pack for you! I was really trying do give u the color variations we have here and didnt pay much attention to the type! But this is Gary capital of the US. Lol

Definitely not a bag of coal!

Received these kind gifts from Tammy yesterday!
                  The first pic are Swift Creek Pottery Sherds, the second pic are some very nice points and a large handful of flakes. They are in the bowl because we submerged them to see what the lithics look like after a rain. Also received a box with three different flavored Macadamia nuts. Broke into those immediately Tammy, hence no picture!
                  Thank you.

Name:	20221231_100105.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	669087

Name:	20221231_100119.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	669088
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I didn't know what to expect from my secret Santa.... but I def did not expect a 30lb box of rocks, pottery and bones to show up on my doorstep, but that's what I got🤷🏼‍♂️
                    SgtDigger sent me the the contents he sifted it off one of his shelter sites. I've been sleeping at the restaurant prepping for new years eve dinner so I hadn't had a chance to go thru everything. There's about 20 bags full of all kinds of stuff... going thru them is like arrowhead hunting in my living room lol. I went thru about 5 bags so far and heres what I got...

Name:	20230101_033650.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	669255Click image for larger version

Name:	20230101_033825.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	669257Click image for larger version

Name:	20230101_033815.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	669258Click image for larger version

Name:	20221230_235802.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	496.9 KB
ID:	669256Click image for larger version

Name:	20230101_033650.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	669259

Comment

• SGT.Digger
                      SGT.Digger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Each # on the bag represents a different shelter site . Like L1,2,3,4,5,6,L7 are each individual shelter sites. They are separated by anywhere from a couple hundred yards to a mile from each other. . I call em mountain woodland Indians.

• Ron Kelley
                      Ron Kelley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very generous of you Aaron. A guy could learn a lot from all of that.

• Pickwick
                      Pickwick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I finally got thru em and put em back in their respective bags. I've got little bags inside of those bags with my favorite pieces from each bag. Idk what to do with all the charcoal and bones tho, lol. Thanks again for your generous gift SGT.Digger!
                  Working...
                  X